Trust Counts... A Note from SatelliteGuys Founder Scott Greczkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust? Olive branch? Your jokeing right?

You talk about trust, but yet have decided on your own to publish a review before DirecTv is ready. It's their tests, their rules, their TRUST that you follow them.

Offer an olive branch to move on? Really? What, until the next time someone gets their panties in a knot and threatens to sue? Please.

Even on the front page you had to take a cheap shot at Earls announcment that he was leaving DBSTalk.

You say that you are the better site, your actions prove otherwise.

If you really want to be the better site, man up and be that site. Only you have the power to stop the cheap shots and childish remarks.

Wow, Releasing a review on a product that I can buy on the market before Directv is ready. Well if directv wasnt ready then why are they selling it?

I dont see where we took a cheap shot at Earl. We wished him good luck and thanked him for all that he has done.

Sence this posting I have seen plenty of people coming out of the wood works posting childish remarks here, your post is a great example of it. We only want fair treatment. Thats all. As far as our actions proveing otherwise, If that was the case I dont think a major CEO of a company would personally visit our members. I dont see Chase Carrey doing the same for DBSTalk. Just though I would point that out! ;)

You say that you are the better site, your actions prove otherwise.

If you really want to be the better site, man up and be that site. Only you have the power to stop the cheap shots and childish remarks.
First step is to ignore anything said or done by the people from BSTalk. They have no interest in "teaming" up, so I'm not sure why Scott feels he (or this site) needs to. It's like they have something he wants and is trying to get involved.

In regards to things like D* doing (much of) their CE work through BSTalk, companies don't always just want more and more testers. They pick a number and leave it at that. More testers can cover more ground but they have to draw the line somewhere. The number of willing participants from BSTalk meets their needs. Using the logic of more is better, why bother beta testing then ? Just release it to ALL customers.

In regards to things like D* doing (much of) their CE work through BSTalk, companies don't always just want more and more testers. They pick a number and leave it at that. More testers can cover more ground but they have to draw the line somewhere. The number of willing participants from BSTalk meets their needs. Using the logic of more is better, why bother beta testing then ? Just release it to ALL customers.

Hall, The ground Rules for the CE program has been that its open to all who want to particpate. There has never been any number of testers as a requirement for the CE program as a whole.

Sence this posting I have seen plenty of people coming out of the wood works posting childish remarks here, your post is a great example of it.
Why is it when someone posts a message that <gasp> disagrees with Scott it has to be ragged on ? What is "childish" about his post ? The only thing "wrong" with his post is that it doesn't agree 100% with what was originally posted.

If people aren't allowed to state differing opinions, why not make the first post and lock the thread ? It's not much better than "the other site" when this happens... They'd delete the disagreeing posts, of course. Honestly, I really, really doubt that Scott wants a bunch of brown-nosed sheep as members. If he does, heh, it's his site....

Man, I would hate to see a rift form between this site and D*.

Honestly, after reading the facts, as presented to us, dont see where anyone here did anything wrong.

Wow, Releasing a review on a product that I can buy on the market before Directv is ready. Well if directv wasnt ready then why are they selling it?

I dont see where we took a cheap shot at Earl. We wished him good luck and thanked him for all that he has done.

Sence this posting I have seen plenty of people coming out of the wood works posting childish remarks here, your post is a great example of it. We only want fair treatment. Thats all. As far as our actions proveing otherwise, If that was the case I dont think a major CEO of a company would personally visit our members. I dont see Chase Carrey doing the same for DBSTalk. Just though I would point that out! ;)

Drinking some of your own Kool-Aid Bob?

How was the news item worded? Something about being on the wrong side/site/team/whatever?

Instead of just wishing the man goodby, that little dig had to be added.

So, just because I disagree with the herd, you want to turn things back on me?

For the CEO of Dish talking to you guys, great. I guess when your the #2 sat provider, you'll take any exposure you can get.

Drink up. :hungry:

Hall, The ground Rules for the CE program has been that its open to all who want to particpate. There has never been any number of testers as a requirement for the CE program as a whole.
Okay, I'll admit that I don't know if there's a "secret" website that CE testers have access to, but I'll assume they don't. That said, I presume they look for details, bug reports, and so on at BSTalk's forums. Put yourself in their shoes: Do you want to track potentially the same issues and reports at (2) different websites or (1) ?

D*'s "rules" are that they get participants through BSTalk. It's their game, they make the rules. Don't like it, don't play.....

I have said it before regarding the apparent beta testers that E* has pulled from BSTalk's site, I don't believe they'll give bad reports on beta software. We've seen too many fiascos with s/w releases, especially with the 622 about a year ago or so. I think they're afraid to report bugs and what-not for fear of losing their beta access. Hate to break it to them, but companies beta test outside the company walls to get more eyes looking for problems. THEY WANT PEOPLE TO FIND BUGS. I've been involved in beta-testing on PC software for years and we're told "try to break something".

Why is it when someone posts a message that <gasp> disagrees with Scott it has to be ragged on ? What is "childish" about his post ? The only thing "wrong" with his post is that it doesn't agree 100% with what was originally posted.

If people aren't allowed to state differing opinions, why not make the first post and lock the thread ? It's not much better than "the other site" when this happens... They'd delete the disagreeing posts, of course. Honestly, I really, really doubt that Scott wants a bunch of brown-nosed sheep as members. If he does, heh, it's his site....

Don't you just love the smell of irony in the morning? :shh

What is childish is that people come on here like they know everything thats going on. There is more to this than what people know other than what has publicly posted. Hall I agree with you about about the differing opinions, and that is not why I said that. I said it because of the earl remarks as the OP was making it out to be something more than what it was.

How was the news item worded? Something about being on the wrong side/site/team/whatever?

The exact words were:
Thanks Earl!
SatelliteGuys Salutes Earl Bonovich, while Earl might have played for the wrong team Earl has been a great help to SatelliteGuys over the past year, and for that we thank him.
Was the part about "the wrong team" necessary ? No.... I really wouldn't take it as a "dig" though.

What is childish is that people come on here like they know everything thats going on. There is more to this than what people know other than what has publicly posted. .
Then, just a question, if that is the case, might it not be better to post your (scott/staff) opinion and lock the thread to keep the "childish" posts out?

Honestly, seems better than calling someone childish who obviously (based on your post) doesnt know whats going on. Just a thought

There is more to this than what people know other than what has publicly posted.
Sorry, when people are only given part of the story, don't expect full-knowledge responses. For people who supposedly know "the whole story" to knock on those who don't is what's childish. Or, do people just believe everything that's said without question ?

The exact words were: Was the part about "the wrong team" necessary ? No.... I really wouldn't take it as a "dig" though.

Yep, thats the quote. I took it as a dig. It's those little things, the unecessary things, that really turn me off from this site.

That and if your not a sheeple, your an outcast.

Drinking some of your own Kool-Aid Bob?

So, just because I disagree with the herd, you want to turn things back on me?

For the CEO of Dish talking to you guys, great. I guess when your the #2 sat provider, you'll take any exposure you can get.

Drink up. :hungry:

Sure, because he was playing for the wrong team. When you sensor people, keep people from going to the right sources, when moderators ban people from having oppiniating views, that is the wrong team. There should be no reason for censoring. Earl was no doubt an asset to all of us, but if traded or came abord he could have been more of an asset to all of us as people wouldnt have to worry about thier postings being sensored because they dont agree. IF this thread was over at BS talk we would have been deleted and closed by now. We keep things very open minded here. As far as charlie meeting us its more than exposure. Its about getting things right.

What is childish is that people come on here like they know everything thats going on. There is more to this than what people know other than what has publicly posted. Hall I agree with you about about the differing opinions, and that is not why I said that. I said it because of the earl remarks as the OP was making it out to be something more than what it was.

Such as?

Then there are those people that have been TRUSTED not to share information before given the ok to do so.

It was painfully obvious that the "wrong side" comment was a joke in a large and sincere compliment to Earl. Painfully obvious.

Sure, because he was playing for the wrong team. When you sensor people, keep people from going to the right sources, when moderators ban people from having oppiniating views, that is the wrong team. There should be no reason for censoring. Earl was no doubt an asset to all of us, but if traded or came abord he could have been more of an asset to all of us as people wouldnt have to worry about thier postings being sensored because they dont agree. IF this thread was over at BS talk we would have been deleted and closed by now. We keep things very open minded here. As far as charlie meeting us its more than exposure. Its about getting things right.

And no one has been banned from their posts in this thread right?

Then, just a question, if that is the case, might it not be better to post your (scott/staff) opinion and lock the thread to keep the "childish" posts out?

Honestly, seems better than calling someone childish who obviously (based on your post) doesnt know whats going on. Just a thought

We have been dealing with it all day...

Sorry, when people are only given part of the story, don't expect full-knowledge responses. For people who supposedly know "the whole story" to knock on those who don't is what's childish. Or, do people just believe everything that's said without question ?

I see where you are coming from..

Yep, thats the quote. I took it as a dig. It's those little things, the unecessary things, that really turn me off from this site.

That and if your not a sheeple, your an outcast.

Thats your oppinion, and your free to post else where if you wish. What's funny is you meantion about the sheeple, and the out cast thing. The first 9 people to get the current beta for the software to stream from your HR 20 to your pc where hand picked by the moderators over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts