Trying to cancel D* but they don't answer!

soledade

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Mar 2, 2004
San Diego
I figured it was time someone did some complayning about D* in the VOOM forum, given all the D* trolling going on recently.

I finally decided to cancel and find myself getting a busy signal from their phone tree all night!

<SARCASM>With this level of customer service I don't give them another 6 months in business. I wonder where all the D* customers are going to go!</SARCASM>

Carlos

the reason for the long wait at DTV is that we are processing over 1 million pegasus customers converting over, upgrading customers dishes for free for the local channels that have moved to the 119 orbit and handeling 10's of thousands of service call for customers affected by the recent hurricanes. At no cost by the way
Call volume has very heavy for these reasons and will return to normal soon.
As for where were going just read the news/ Dtv is growing so fast . Rupert expects to have 26 million customers by next year this time the 2 new birds were launching will blow you away with features. spaceway sat is the most advanced sat ever built
Now read cables report to the SEC on the status of VOOM/ They feel it may be DOOM in a short time.
signed.. ..Proud csr of DTV

Jaded13 said:
the reason for the long wait at DTV is that we are processing over 1 million pegasus customers converting over, upgrading customers dishes for free for the local channels that have moved to the 119 orbit and handeling 10's of thousands of service call for customers affected by the recent hurricanes. At no cost by the way
Call volume has very heavy for these reasons and will return to normal soon.
As for where were going just read the news/ Dtv is growing so fast . Rupert expects to have 26 million customers by next year this time the 2 new birds were launching will blow you away with features. spaceway sat is the most advanced sat ever built
Now read cables report to the SEC on the status of VOOM/ They feel it may be DOOM in a short time.
signed.. ..Proud csr of DTV
Bologna, the new birds are for HD LIL that 70% of your subs wont be able to recieve. My experience with D* CSR's is that they no far less than the subs on AVS, hell one of you flunkies has called twice last week and didnt know all of the HD channels you offer. (which cant be hard since you can count them on about 8 fingers). Your HD already has been down rezzed to less than HD by definition to 1200x1080i, and some HD channels are at 8mbps. The quality is so bad you are giving it away for 6 months! Infact it is false advertising. And if D* subs think the quality is bad now just wait till D* is running hundreds of HD locals. Heck, HDnet movies now looks no better than a DVD. Have you seen the macroblocking screenshots users are posting?

BTW where is:
TNTHD?
starzhd?
cinemaxhd?
encore HD?
TMCHD?

Infact I doubt the motivation for your post is to explain the CSR problems at all, but rather to drum up business for your crappy HD picture.

Do you think he would actually watch his own service, why would he care? He gets a bonus for posting in favor of D* and they pay him weekly anyway!

Spaceway, the most advanced LiL satellites.. Whooppeee!!

Dvlos said:
Do you think he would actually watch his own service, why would he care? He gets a bonus for posting in favor of D* and they pay him weekly anyway!

Spaceway, the most advanced LiL satellites.. Whooppeee!!

Voom must be paying YOU to discredit EVERY post you deem anti-Voom you can find.
You are probably a very rich dude (like Sean) since you don't seem to miss a single one.

Considering all the pro D* idiotic comments on the VOOM FREAKING FORUM, someone has to ;)

D* people worry so much about 30,000 and all the HD they get to watch.

Rotflmao!!!!!

soledade said:
I figured it was time someone did some complayning about D* in the VOOM forum, given all the D* trolling going on recently.

I finally decided to cancel and find myself getting a busy signal from their phone tree all night!

<SARCASM>With this level of customer service I don't give them another 6 months in business. I wonder where all the D* customers are going to go!</SARCASM>

Carlos

I don't even need to read the rest of this one. That is TOO FUNNY! I will admit as a D* advocate and a Voom troll, their service is slipping. I could not get through either. However, CABLEVISION the PC of Voom is RANKED DEAD LAST among ALL providers. Nuff said.

Apparently all the D* trolls don't get SARCASM.

D* is not going anywhere. They will probably have billions seved soon, just like McDonalds. :)

It's just not for me.

Carlos

soledade said:
Apparently all the D* trolls don't get SARCASM.

D* is not going anywhere. They will probably have billions seved soon, just like McDonalds. :)

It's just not for me.

Carlos

There is a documentary out where this guy eats McDonalds food for a month straight. He almost died from kidney failure and various other health problems.
Wonder what would happen to a person after he watches D* HD package for a month straight? :eek:

vurbano said:
Bologna, the new birds are for HD LIL that 70% of your subs wont be able to recieve. My experience with D* CSR's is that they no far less than the subs on AVS, hell one of you flunkies has called twice last week and didnt know all of the HD channels you offer. (which cant be hard since you can count them on about 8 fingers). Your HD already has been down rezzed to less than HD by definition to 1200x1080i, and some HD channels are at 8mbps. The quality is so bad you are giving it away for 6 months! Infact it is false advertising. And if D* subs think the quality is bad now just wait till D* is running hundreds of HD locals. Heck, HDnet movies now looks no better than a DVD. Have you seen the macroblocking screenshots users are posting?

BTW where is:
TNTHD?
starzhd?
cinemaxhd?
encore HD?
TMCHD?

Infact I doubt the motivation for your post is to explain the CSR problems at all, but rather to drum up business for your crappy HD picture.

Yes, I too have had two "flunkies" from Dtv call me in the last week, begging for my business back, with 2 different offers..and, neither of them could name all the HD offerrings of DTV, neither knew of the "reduced" HD quality on DTv, and when I told them I had Voom, one even said he knew they were "going out of business" very soon, and I should sign up now before the special offers went away..
I told the fool I would go with Comcast HD before I would return to them, and hung up..
What fools they are to be knocking a "nothing" competitor like Voom...if Voom is going away so soon, and they are so sure, why are they telemarketing Voom customers now???

I also got a DTV add in the mail this weekend with their special offer. Maybe Voom needs to start mailing out ads like DTV.

By the way, I did cancel Dtv and had to reach them through there tech support number because the other number would always disconnect. No matter who it is, sometimes you have to go in through the backdoor.

I just hope you and soledad have better luck getting through when you come back. See you soon. :yes

DobyMax,

it is very clear what you're agenda is and again it will do us a big favor if you take your propaganda elsewhere. There is other forums where you can go yet you seem to post the most here at a VOOM forum which you don't have and makes less pointless to make a wise critique. So clearly we know your agenda.

P.S. In fact 35 posts and only 5 have been outside the VOOM forum. So it looks that we have seen who you are...

Sean:

I'm surprised you didnt just delete his post like you did mine a few days ago.

This is a problem when the moderator is paid by Voom advertising dollars and not from D*.

zubinh said:
Sean:

I'm surprised you didnt just delete his post like you did mine a few days ago.

This is a problem when the moderator is paid by Voom advertising dollars and not from D*.

The only ones paid by D* are you and the ones that are spending 95% of your time here. You have some nerve my friend....

P.S. even though you don't have VOOM you feel that you can spend 95% of your time here and you feel that you are the most reliable critique even though you never own a VOOM system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)