Trying to find info on the new HR54 wirelss system - can anyone help?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Even though the genie is better than the hopper, they need to add more features to make the genie clearly the better choice.

8 tuners
2 terabyte hard drive
Built in nomad
Maybe the ability to skip commercials.

Directv has the swm technology, they should take full advantage of it. With the swm 13 lnb's coming out, an 8 tuner genie would be perfect as you could support more clients, but in a typical household have 2 tuners available for all tv's

The HR54 will not do 4K. It is actually a lower cost Genie unit and uses some new kind of wide band tuners.

There is another receiver in the works called a HR46 which is a 4K Genie. We hope to see these at CES next week.

What would changing tuners do on a HR54 vs. a current HR44. Would there be anything different in the customer experience or is it literally just cheaper to make?
The HR44 is pretty damn good, and even a faster processor isn't much improvement in the user experience.
Short of adding tuners or a bigger hard drive, not sure there is much they can do to improve it (at least as far as the customer experience goes).

4K is a different story entirely though.

I have a wall mounted TV on my covered deck, and while it has a coax connection going to it that a Genie client could use, that same coax is split off of the one that feeds upstairs, and also goes to our family room TV that will have its own client. I don't know if you can split the coax feed to the Genie clients like that - my understanding is that they each have to have their own dedicated coax line from the switch.

If you are upgrading to the Genie your system will need to be converted to SWM (if it isn't already). In a SWM system you can split lines and your clients will work on those lines without problem. With that being said, you should always hardwire your equipment if possible because it tends to be more reliable. I would only suggest wireless as a last case scenario.

The HR54 will not do 4K. It is actually a lower cost Genie unit and uses some new kind of wide band tuners.

There is another receiver in the works called a HR46 which is a 4K Genie. We hope to see these at CES next week.
How many tuners does each of them have?

bit of a necro, but was wondering what ever happend to the hr46 mentioned

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts