Trying to move my Hopper

iasnellman

Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Iowa
I recently had flooding in my basement so I am trying to move one of my hoppers until I get everything back to normal. I am trying to move my hopper to my bedroom where I normally have a joey. the hopper is stuck on searching for sattellite signal. Do I need different cabling for a hopper than for a joey? I have tried contacting dish by phone, but they have not been helpful at all. The first guy last night told me that it might take a while and the guy I talked to tonight said it must be a problem with my dish or cabling (can't be either because my hopper in my living room works fine and my joey in my bedroom worked fine before I hooked up the hopper).

Any ideas or thoughts? I probably should have just come here first instead of wasting my time with dish but hind sight is 20/20 I guess.

Thank you, I was wondering that and thought that but the people on the phone from dish kept saying that it shouldn't matter. They kept telling me that I had to check my dish and my cabling which I knew wasn't the problem because my other hopper works fine eliminating the dish and my joey worked fine eliminating the cable.

Do you know if the Joey you are trying to swap out is on a tap (looks like a splitter) or not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)