Turbo HD poll...What to do now

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

As a TurboHD subscriber, I'm now going to:

• Wait and see

Votes: 88 53.7%
  • Move to the Classics packages

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • Upgrade to a higher TurboHD package

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • File a Class action suit, for real

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Leave Dish after my commitment ends

Votes: 42 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have wanted to switch to Turbo Silver from classic silver plus HD, but don't want to lose the channels. I have come close to pulling the trigger, but the savings is only $9 and I can't decide if the lost channels are worth the savings. I think they should really focus on these HD only packages as that should be the wave of the future

More than $9

Turbo Silver (no locals) $45.97

Classic Silver with HD (no locals) $63.97

I was an HD Absolute and swithched to Turbo Gold thinking I would need to for new HD. Bad mistake!!! I called dish and tried to go back, but no luck as Absolute is no longer offered. I feel really taken advantage of by Dish. :(

I switched from Classic Silver w/locals, DVR, and HD to TurboHD Silver w/locals and DVR after Comedy Central and Spike went HD. My bill went from $73 to $54 now, so I'm pretty happy overall. I would love if they added Nick, FX, MTV, etc. into the TurboHD Silver package, but I'm not willing to pay the extra $19 to get them so I'll just wait it out.

I switched from Classic Silver w/locals, DVR, and HD to TurboHD Silver w/locals and DVR after Comedy Central and Spike went HD. My bill went from $73 to $54 now, so I'm pretty happy overall. I would love if they added Nick, FX, MTV, etc. into the TurboHD Silver package, but I'm not willing to pay the extra $19 to get them so I'll just wait it out.

+1

My bill did increase little bit...
Maybe you got some special deal (or money grows on trees where you live), but for me switching from TurboHD Silver w/locals + DVR ($50/month) to Classic Silver 200 + HD w/locals + DVR ($68/month) would mean a 36% increase in my bill! :eek: I'm sure most would be think that is more than a little bit.

I have TurboHD Silver and I have FX and Speed. I also got BET when it went live. Am I not supposed to get FX HD or Speed HD?

If you have Turbo Silver and not Classic Silver with Silver HD then you are one of the few lucky subs that E* has incorrectly flagged. Turbo subs have only received Comedy, Spike, and CMT of the 14 new national channels launched this year, excluding premium movie channels.

I have TurboHD Silver and I have FX and Speed. I also got BET when it went live. Am I not supposed to get FX HD or Speed HD?

Do you have an online account? What does it say your "Current Programming" is?

(See attachment for screen shot of where to look)

Attachments

• dishview.JPG
    dishview.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 164
Reply from ceo@blablabla.com

Ken,

Thank you for email about TurboHD programming. At this time Fox News HD (or Fox Business News HD) is only available in our Classic packages. It has been brought to our attention there are concerns about new HD channels being added to our classic packages instead of the TurboHD packages. We are constantly evaluating the programming in our packages and may add these channels in our TurboHD packages in the future. Unfortunately, there is no specific time frame we could give.

We realize that in today’s competitive world you have a choice in services. We thank you for your continued business and support.

Sincerely,

Angeline R

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to play hardball with them and refuse to switch. They will have to grandfather me into Turbo when they discontinue it.

Has anyone gotten anybody from Dish to admit to the truth of what is going on with Turbo? I'd sure love to know what they intend to do with it!

Leaving would have to be based on principle alone, which makes me wonder how many people will really do it.

There is no place else you can go and get the same programming as the Turbo plans at anywhere close to the same price?

For one, I am 90% happy with what I got. Turbo HD Bronze with locals and DVR for 39.99 a month plus an additional 222k for another $7, or 46.99 a month.

Channel wise, I got everything I need except, I'd like Nick HD and Fox News HD....and I'd like MSNBC News HD when they add that later in June. But, I can live without them, as I currently am.

That all said, I do have to complain, and show support for those who have been complaining. I've been a customer for only 2 months now, but when I signed up, I remember very well, the person at Dish telling me that I would be better off going with Turbo HD Bronze because as channels were added to the classic metal tiers, they would also be added to the Turbo HD metal tiers. So with that said, I could not justify going the Classic route, because the additional SD channels provided, were just not that complelling.

Since then, however, I have watched several channels added to the Classic SD package, and their HD versions have NOT been added to the Turbo HD equivelant tier.

So, today I chatted with some Dish Network CSR about it...and the fact that my locals (DSA 154) have not been changed to HD but other locals with (DSA higher) have been. Not sure how they determine when the locals get HD either.

Anyway, the CSR was very nice, and I didn't want to level my guns at him, he can't do anything about it, but the guy offered me $5 off my bill for each of the next 5 months, and quite honestly, perhaps Dish will get their crap together by then...although I won't hold my breath!

Still nice though that they actually did something and didn't just say...screw you, like Charter has to me in the past.

Leaving would have to be based on principle alone, which makes me wonder how many people will really do it.

There is no place else you can go and get the same programming as the Turbo plans at anywhere close to the same price?
That is not true. If the TurboHD programming doesn't have what you need/want (like Fox News HD, VH1 HD, Nick HD, Speed HD, FX HD, etc.) then even if you stay with DISH you'd have to "upgrade" to the Classic+HD package which is consideribly more expensive and really not any cheaper than DirecTV -- and remember D* has RSNs that are full-time (so you get to watch ALL your HD games in HD). So yes there are valid reasons, other than principle, to leave E* if they don't get their act together and add the new HD channels to the TurboHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts