TurboHD customers get the final thrust from Dish

I don't understand what the complaint is? They have consolidated to the three HD add-on packages and are adding what was the Platinum HD to all for free. AND supposedly, we the subscribers, do not have to do anything for the Plat HD to be added to our programming. Or so this is what the final word as of late yesterday posted by not only myself, but many.

Other than a "rant", a complete explanation of why you are ranting would be nice.

Self embarrassing ranting is a popular hobby on the forum. In fact I think they hold Rant Club meetings on Tuesdays, with minced meat pie and Rolaids.

I guess my problem with the way Dish has handled this (and everything else since I became a customer), is that they are lousy at communicating with customers. I'm on Turbo Silver standalone, and I never received any communication from Dish stating they were eliminating my package. When I cancel HBO and Showtime after my three month free preview, will this cause me to lose my current package? I realize it's Dish's option to change or eliminate their programming packages--I just wish they could be bothered to drop a letter in the mail notifying me of the change. Other businesses do this all the time. Why can't Dish?

I guess my problem with the way Dish has handled this (and everything else since I became a customer), is that they are lousy at communicating with customers. I'm on Turbo Silver standalone, and I never received any communication from Dish stating they were eliminating my package.
They eliminated the package for new subscribers, not current subscribers. Like HD Absolute, you'll likely be able to stay with your current package for months, maybe years.

When I cancel HBO and Showtime after my three month free preview, will this cause me to lose my current package?
No. You only lose it if you change to another base plan. (ie, you can't change to a "classic" pack and then change back.)

Same four complainers. Same four complainer complainers. Fair Game.

Same four complainers. Same four complainer complainers. Fair Game.
:up

Only other difference it seems every Turbo subscriber was unhappy.
Sorry Turbo Subscribers but you can blaim yourself for the death of the HD only packs, with the constant phone calls to E* about what channels aren't in these packs. So you got your wish. So now there should be no complaints.
3 HD packs and thats it, + Platinum as a bonus.

Only other difference it seems every Turbo subscriber that expected Dish would keep adding channels was unhappy.
That's the only correction I'd make to that statement.

I upgraded to Classic 250 briefly when FX was added, but ultimately TurboHD Gold has the right compliment of channels for what I'm looking for. (I can still watch Rescue Me on Hulu)

Any ever since these Stand Alone HD pack became available, everyone who subscribes to then did nothing but piss and moan about them.

Thank God they are GONE!
BYE BYE Turbo Packs.

Yes, I also got the impression that the people who had the Classic plans were somehow subsidiizing the Turbo-HD folks, who were only looking for the lowest possible price. The digital market has changed, and in the next couple of years there will be no such thing as SD/HD.. everything will be HD. Stop complaining, you can keep it if you like and if not, try to find a better deal elsewhere.

I know cable TV has a lot of cheap introductory offers, you might start there.
:angel:

Yes, I also got the impression that the people who had the Classic plans were somehow subsidiizing the Turbo-HD folks, who were only looking for the lowest possible price.
No, I think you have that a little backwards. Turbo customers pay a severely disproportionately higher price per channel; more than any other package, by far.

THAT has always been one of the big stinky parts...Turbo subs pay over a buck a channel. Thats a bit stiff and we were told over AND OVER that we woudl be taken care of by Dish with new channels additons to offset this cost. Was never done right up to the end. I, as many, just don't take we to being lied to.

Any ever since these Stand Alone HD pack became available, everyone who subscribes to then did nothing but piss and moan about them.
There are whole thread dedicated to raving about how folks are happy with their Stand Alone HD packs, so you must not know what you are talking about. Ever hear of Absolute HD? I'd venture to say that most who post here and have that package mostly say good things about it. I do in every post, hence my signature atop each.

They have simplified their packages. It looks like they would have like to have the all HD packages, but they pretty much said that the content providers did not like them (i.e. they wanted force carriage of all their standard definition channels that did not have have an HD channel yet in the package to get the extra money).

TurboHD is yet another example of a package falling victim to programmer demands and sails away into the sunset.

The non turboHD HD customers probably see a price cut if they had Platinum or now get Platinum channels for free.

I suppose they will probably clean up the mess again in February when they do their price changes for next year. Maybe then the Plat package will come back and the basic HD will be included in the standard package. Then people will probably have to call in to cancel the Platinum pack again! :eek:

I have said that the hd versions of sd channels do not cost anymore, so why did we have to pay 10.00 more just for hd versions? If they did allow hd versions with the regular classic packs at no extra charge that would be great. I think the 10.00 charge for platinum + hd is for the platinum channels themselves . They cost more ,since there is no sd equivalent channels. That is why they could roll them into the hd pack at no extra charge. We are paying for the plat channels only. A plus for DISH is that more eyes will see the plat channels, since most did not think that they were worth the $10.00 in the first place and didn't subscribe.

I upgraded from AEP SD to TurboHD Gold with the other gold SD package a couple months ago. I am so confused! What would be in my best interest to do if anything. Hell Dish has me so confused I don't know enough to complain. Yet!:D

There are whole thread dedicated to raving about how folks are happy with their Stand Alone HD packs, so you must not know what you are talking about. Ever hear of Absolute HD? I'd venture to say that most who post here and have that package mostly say good things about it. I do in every post, hence my signature atop each.
I had HD absolute, for about 6 months, But E* Fee'ed the Hell out of me with DVR,and Extra receiver fee's. That made "Absolutely" no sence for me to have this package. So I upgraded to a package that gave me more for my money, and less on the fee's. I didn't start calling E* complaining about the channel line up,and the fee.. After all it was only $29 So why bitch?
But the package was Lame? Sorry but it was. No RSN's Locals still cost $5, DVR $6 per receiver,and $7 addtional receiver fee.
My 4 room system with HD absolute 612,622,211
Was $29.99
$14 for 2 addtional receivers
$12 DVR fees
$5 locals
$61 per month. For 40 HD channels , and nothing else

OK Top 200 DVR atvantage including locals At the Time
Was $49.99
$10 HD
$14 Addtional receivers
$6 DVR fee
$80 per month, Except I got 150 more SD channels, 150 Music channels, about 60 HD channels, Plus RSN's.
Well Worth the extra $19.

I had HD absolute, for about 6 months, But E* Fee'ed the Hell out of me with DVR,and Extra receiver fee's. That made "Absolutely" no sence for me to have this package. So I upgraded to a package that gave me more for my money, and less on the fee's. I didn't start calling E* complaining about the channel line up,and the fee.. After all it was only $29 So why bitch?
But the package was Lame? Sorry but it was. No RSN's Locals still cost $5, DVR $6 per receiver,and $7 addtional receiver fee.
My 4 room system with HD absolute 612,622,211
Was $29.99
$14 for 2 addtional receivers
$12 DVR fees
$5 locals
$61 per month. For 40 HD channels , and nothing else

OK Top 200 DVR atvantage including locals At the Time
Was $49.99
$10 HD
$14 Addtional receivers
$6 DVR fee
$80 per month, Except I got 150 more SD channels, 150 Music channels, about 60 HD channels, Plus RSN's.
Well Worth the extra $19.
Glad you switched if it was 'lame'. But there are still lots of folks here who have good things to say about Absolute HD, and that was my point.

You are holding up your end of the complaining though...;)

I'd pay 2x more if I switched to something else for what I wanted in programming and equipment, so I'm happy to stay.

Seems like the Turbo folks have to make a decision.

Keep their inexpensive package and expect to never get anything new or they can look at what they can get with the other HD packages, do a cost benefit analysis and change accordingly.

I did this recently when I started downgrading to save a few bucks. Lost some SD I liked and a few HD channels I liked but am saving $30/mo. Worked for me.

Glad you switched if it was 'lame'. But there are still lots of folks here who have good things to say about Absolute HD, and that was my point.

You are holding up your end of the complaining though...;)

I'd pay 2x more if I switched to something else for what I wanted in programming and equipment, so I'm happy to stay.
Lame Might be a bit Harsh, Because $29 was cheap, and the Line up was much better then the Really lame Turbo packs.
I think E* should have Just one HD only pack,and only 1 price. Every HD channel, No SD, HD RSN's and your Locals included as well As 1 DVR fee, In the price range of around $60 per month. I real HD subscriber wouldn't want to miss out on a single HD channel. If you can't afford it , Then Classic 100 with HD is what you get.

I upgraded from AEP SD to TurboHD Gold with the other gold SD package a couple months ago. I am so confused! What would be in my best interest to do if anything. Hell Dish has me so confused I don't know enough to complain. Yet!:D
Keep your Classic Gold 250, Or you AEP with HD Gold , you have and enjoy the Platinum channels that just got added to your service for free.

Decided to dump my turbo bronze pack yesterday after being phased out. Switched back to classic silver w/hd. Just was too many channels I was missing. My csr in online chat threw in cinemax for a penny. I am a happy camper now:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts