TurboHD Gold/DishAmerica Gold - No new HDs?

Yes I can have the 200 channel I don't give a **** about, how many simple minded people watch them. HSN, gonna buy some trash from them tonight, if you do you are one of the people that buy ready made meals at the market

Only an idiot would think that you can just buy the channel's you want. You get some you watch and some you don't.

I buy the package that includes the channels that I like to view.

You would be advised to watch the F-bombs here. They have made it clear that outside of the pub to keep it clean.

And you don't have to deal. Upgrade your package or leave dish. It is what it is.

and on September 20 when my TWO year contract is up I will be doing so. Yes it has been two years already since every other commercial on TV was for TurboHD. Little did we know.

Hello Sezmi.....

Mine is up in Dec. Just waiting.

As has been said before. This was the classic bait and switch.
They even listed it on last years price sheet.

Surpised they haven't been sued yet.

--sexywarlock-- et al,

I'm not trolling when I lament the TurboHD package 'gimping' that E* has resorted to. I just think it's tragic--the ONLY truly progressive/forward-thinking initiative they've undertaken since buying Voom's HD content and pushing themselves as the HD-leader. OK, besides Sling...another brilliant move (I own 2 Slingboxes and think 'place-shifting' is a must).

Of all the major old-school content distribution systems, they got my business w/ solid DVR tech and for pushing themselves as the 'value leader'). If they don't make a real case for HD ala cart, they will soon find themselves unable to differentiate themselves from the competition and suffering at the hands of a la cart via IPTV. They will lose big.

I am rooting for E*, I like them, I do. I just worry they're not fighting the necessary fight on this one on behalf of their current and potential future customers.

The next generations of video consumers will NOT buy expensive bundles of stuff they don't want to watch what they do. If E* doesn't figure out a way to do a la cart to appease the new breed of media consumer--someone else will. They may have a lock on HD content right now--but that's a moving target.

Somebody is feeding all of these sites with the DishAmerica info. My bet is that at some point E* will promote these packages again with the missing channels that aren't in Turbo right now. Lightning could have struck & E* might have the agreements close at hand.

Given Dish's track record....well....it was a nice thought. :D

I used some of these links and sent it to dish in an online chat and asked why I wasn't getting things like MTV VH1, FOX, Nick, and any of the new HD just added, and they informed me that the websites listing those channels in the DishAmerica HD pack are completely wrong. I am a TurboHD Bronze now DishAmerica sub. The rep told me how the TurboHD packages are their lowest priced packs and therefore don't get all the channels. So apparently the 100% HD packs were meant for the poor people and not people that wanted HD and only HD.

I don't think the problem is Dish. I think it is the channel providers. Many still have networks that are only in SD. They did not want to give people the chance to dump those SD channels, so they would not let those channels go to HD only. Dish is just kind enough to let you stick to that pack if you want. Otherwise, you are welcome to upgrade. I have AT120+HD, and I'm not whining that I can't get Animal Planet HD. Because all I have to do is upgrade.

I have Turbo/DishAmerica Silver and I've been quietly watching the discussions on this and other boards since the package was launched. The comments have, at times, been brutal. Yes, at any time any one of us on those packages can upgrade and pay more to get the channels that others have had added to their packages for virtually the same cost (when factoring in price hikes and such). While there are some channels that have been added to the same tier of service on the "top" packages that I would have liked to see added to my package, (since they raised my rates too) It hasn't been enough to compel me to pay that much more for the few channels I would watch on the "top" tier and many that I wouldn't.

So, I'm not whining. However, I don't think Dish is doing me any favor either by letting me continue with DishAmerica Silver. It's business. They're making plenty of money off those packages or they wouldn't be offered. Period.

The issue of the "100% HD" Turbo packages has always been the fact that Dish (in some people's words) advertised, promised, whatever you want to call it - but at minimum implied that those packages would include whatever HD Dish had to offer and that has just not been true. Whether it is Dish playing games or the networks that are holding out, makes no real difference to those of us watching TV.

I just wish those of you who are bashing people for complaining would stop and think about it a bit more. Everyone has their reasons for picking the level they are at and we all know we can always pay more and get more. Fact of the matter is that some people paid more and are not getting as much and Dish really should have stepped up and addressed that. Instead, they continue on as if nothing matters and that irritates some people. So what?

I've certainly expressed my thoughts to Dish and, for me, when it irritates me enough, I'll leave and let that do the talking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)