TurboHD Install HELP!!!

Dukefan1026

Original poster
Sep 11, 2013
NC
Hi Everyone. I'm sure your used to these threads by now, so, HERE"S ANOTHER!! woohoo! Okay, seriously though. I have a 1000.4 Eastern Arc dish and two VIP211k receivers. Here is my issue. I have the Dish mounted on a pole, mast is plumb, using rg6, proper connectors. I have the line run directly from the LNB to the receivers, one is on port one, the other on port two.

I have the skew set, elevation and azimuth numbers from dish, used dishpointer app to aid the install so I know I'm aiming right. I get 61.5 all day long and twice on Sunday. When I go to the installation screen, the satellite 61.5 is locked on 49 strength and it shows I am receiving 61.5w When I switch to 72 it shows I am getting 49 strength and shows the satellite as 61.5 also. I have moved the dish up, down, side to side and used a peaking meter through the whole process and still can not find 72 or 77. I have a clear LOS for all Sat's.

Here is what I did last attempt. I disconnected the coax from receiver, ran check switch to clear ram. Once it ran through all 38 tests, I saved the settings since it found less Sat's. I turned off, reconnected the coax, turned on and allowed to update and find signal, this is when we went to peaking the dish. I know I am running the current firmware L553. I can't get 72 or 77! When I use the peaking meter aimed right at 72 I get a good signal, I disconnect the meter, reconnect the coax to lnb, go inside and run check switch and get nothing. So, I go back to where I get the 61.5 signal and it grabs the sat right away. Getting 49-50 strength on the install screen one would think I could find 72 I can't. I tried covering up 61.5 with foil and peaking with the meter, I get a signal, go inside and run check switch and get nothing. It is almost like it isn't looking for 72 or 77.

Been wrestling with this for 3 days 2-5 hours a day, I'm frustrated. I installed this same type dish and same receivers, in this same zipcode a year ago and we got it dialed in pretty easily. I am in 27260 by the way. What is wrong?? I am sure I over explained some in this thread, just trying to get all the details in so you guys can mull over the whole thing before replying. I have been a dish subscriber non-stop since 1996, its not like I am clueless, I have always installed my dish and my family's. This is mind boggling though! HELP!

The azimuth cam is something you have to adjust to get the best signal on 72.7 and 77sat on the discontinued 1000.4 sat dish. The directions tell you how to move it slightly 3 degrees either to the left or right to get the sweet spot for both 72.7 and 77 sat. If you aim the dish using 72.7 for your peaking on either 19 or 21 transponder for strongest signal , you should get 61.5 as well ,unless you don't have your skew right for your area. I had to go over the directions over and over when I first installed my 1000.4 dish back in 2008. But if you follow the directions line by line , you can get it peaked using the azimuth cam as well as the elevation rod to get the dish to get maximum signal on all 3 sats. I get great signals in the 50- 60s on all three sats now. But I worked on it quite a while. I can see why DISH has discontinued it now considering the time it takes to get installed and peaked. DISH has gone with just the 1000.2 dish with eastern arc lnb for just 61.5 and 72.7 ,since there is no use for 77 sat any longer. All the locals are on 61.5 as well as 77 sat and I am sure they will phase out the 77 sat for U.S. customers sooner than later. IF you don't have the directions for the 1000.4 dish I am betting you can google search them and they will be there for downloading and printing them up at home.

I've had times where things looked odd and it said I was locked on the wrong satellites but after I did a switch check everything worked just fine.

The azimuth cam is something you have to adjust to get the best signal on 72.7 and 77sat on the discontinued 1000.4 sat dish.

. I can see why DISH has discontinued it now considering the time it takes to get installed and peaked. DISH has gone with just the 1000.2 dish with eastern arc lnb for just 61.5 and 72.7 ,since there is no use for 77 sat any longer. All the locals are on 61.5 as well as 77 sat and I am sure they will phase out the 77 sat for U.S. customers sooner than later.
You keep saying the 1000.4 is discontinued. I'm an in house DISH tech and I still install 1000.4 once in a while. Some markets have their hd locals on it

Sent From My Samsung Hercules

Just because you occasionally still install 1000.4 doesn't mean DISH hasn't stopped production and is using up inventory.

It's still commonly used in other areas as well. Is there anything official saying it was discontinued?

We only occasionally use a 1000+ dish, but that doesn't mean we're only using up inventory. Just because it isn't used all the time doesn't mean it's discontinued either. I have not heard anything about it being discontinued, everything I have seen points to it still being produced. I may be wrong, but would like proof over anecdotal evidence.

You keep saying the 1000.4 is discontinued. I'm an in house DISH tech and I still install 1000.4 once in a while. Some markets have their hd locals on it

Sent From My Samsung Hercules

Well, every where I have read about the 1000.4 sat dish , says that it was discontinued ,including other satellite store websites:dishdepot.com. When they put duplicates of the hd locals on the 77 sat on the 61.5 sat as well and they came out with a two headed lnb for just 61.5 and 72.7 sats ,it lead me and others to believe that they were indeed, discontinuing it. But since DISH has decided to once again add Hd locals to the 77 sat, it means they must of changed their minds about fully discontinuing it. DISH has So many different configurations of lnbs, dishes, switches,etc, I can only conclude it must be an installer's nightmare to figure out what kind of install they are going to do for each customer.

The 1000.4 Western Arc LNBF has been discontinued, but the Eastern Arc version is still available.

Okay, I never saw or knew there was a western lnb for the 1000.4 sat dish. I can see why you might want to use the bigger pan dish of the 1000.4 sat dish for stronger signals but I would of loved to see the lnb that went with it.

Just google searched western arc for the 1000.4 sat dish and got a view of it on E-bay. I guess you were right Davis. It must of been the western arc lnb that was discontinued. But everyone confused that with the full 1000.4 sat dish. The thing is that once DISH came out with just two lnb for just 61.5 and 72.7 sats,and started moving the hd locals to the 61.5 sat, it lead me to the conclusion that they were doing away with the full 1000.4 sat dish. IN my area I don't see any eastern arc installs at all anymore. All they install is western arc dishes-the black sat dishes, even though our locals are on both arcs in hd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts