TurboHD packages

You are correct that does not make ANY sense.
Try selling this hodge podge of programming. None of the NEW promo makes any sense. 612 will the available for primary Aug1, but a 622 or 722 will be additional $50.

Just asked online and was told they are only for new subs. She told me about the HD Absolute but I informed her I want my RSN's. She aplologized and said again they are only for new subs. This makes no sense at all.

Just asked online and was told they are only for new subs. She told me about the HD Absolute but I informed her I want my RSN's. She aplologized and said again they are only for new subs. This makes no sense at all.

When you say new subs does that mean new DISH Network subs or new DISH HD only subs?

The new packages don't start until August 1 anyway.

I know that but was just inquiring about wherther or not the multi-sports pack could be added. I have HD and have been a Dish customer for 8 years. Currently have:

HD - 20.00
250 package
multi sports pack ( i get 3 RSN's with this pack)
622 (runs 3 TV's)

Thanks

I officially have DishHD Absolute. The guys came and hooked up my two 722s and one 211 (and I didn't have to pay anything up front for them :D). We had to talk to a Dish phone rep and then his supervisor but he finally OKed it all (with a $10 discount per month for the first 12 months plus the $39.99 disount on the 1st, 10th and 20th months). All in all a good deal. More specific to this thread, I asked the supervisor about what will happen with DishHD Absolute when the new metal packages go live on 08/01. He said nothing will change for Absolute customers (that they would be grandfathered in), and he knows of no intentions to force existing Absolute subs to change their packages in Feb '09. He searched for a while but coudn't find anything confirming one way or another whether the 5 new non-premium channels would be added to Absolute. I said I was going on the assumption that they wouldn't be added (but of course it would be nice if they were added). He said that was the best approach. The main thing he said is don't alter your HD package at all or you'll lose Absolute as "the package won't be offered in 5 years". That last bit was kind of intersting.

....The main thing he said is don't alter your HD package at all or you'll lose Absolute as "the package won't be offered in 5 years". That last bit was kind of intersting.
WOW! I'd be happy to keep the dishHD Absolute package for the next five 5 years. And absolutely thrilled if the price was grandfathered for the next 5 years too :)

OTOH 5 years in the satellite TV business is indistinguishable from eternity. So I don't expect any current Dish programming package to be offered in 5 years. If nothing else Dish will almost certainly change the names ;)

Talon Dancer

I don't think he was implying he had knowledge that DishHD Absolute in particular will stick around that long if you don't change your plan... but it does indicate that he has some knowledge of Dish letting plans stay if unalterred for a considerable amount of time in the past.

There are subs still around with th old $10 HD package from way back, been grandfathered for many years.

Dish has indicated that if you currently have HD Absolute, they will continue to add HD channels as they are offered in the past.

HD Absolute cannot be subbed to by anyone after 8/1, but if you already have it you are grandfathered and will get new HD channels as the go live.

There are subs still around with th old $10 HD package from way back, been grandfathered for many years.

Dish has indicated that if you currently have HD Absolute, they will continue to add HD channels as they are offered in the past.

HD Absolute cannot be subbed to by anyone after 8/1, but if you already have it you are grandfathered and will get new HD channels as the go live.
I agree but....

IIRC the old $10 HD package was frozen at a limited number of channels. And Charlie only committed to adding HD channels to dishHD Absolute through the end of this year. FWIW I'd still be happy :)

Talon Dancer

And Charlie only committed to adding HD channels to dishHD Absolute through the end of this year. FWIW I'd still be happy :)

Talon Dancer

I have not seen this in anything from Dish, only in speculations.

All the info from Dish I've seen indicates that HD Absolute will be grandfathered and new HD channels will be added as they come on line - no time limit mentioned.

I have not seen this in anything from Dish, only in speculations.

All the info from Dish I've seen indicates that HD Absolute will be grandfathered and new HD channels will be added as they come on line - no time limit mentioned.
IIRC the origin of this particular speculation is a statement by Charlie in one of the Charlie Chats around the time of this package was introduced. He may have meant that any new HD channels would be added "at least until" or just "until" the end of the year. In either case, I have not seen any written Dish documentation of a commitment to add any new HD channels to this package; but they have been :)

Talon Dancer

This is harder to figure out than what calling plan I have (or need) with my cell phone provider! All I know is that I pay $145/mth now, and that seems like too much! I am hoping that I can figure out an HD only plan that includes DVR, premium movie channels, and sports after Aug 1st that is a lot less.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)