TurboHD packages

MisterLas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
Flemington, WV
Did a quick search a d couldn't find uptodate info.

What channels are on each turbohd package. Might be helpful to those wanting to switch from a classic package. Under the packages section on dishnetwork.com, it doesn't show any of the viacom channels.

Any input?

I have Turbo Gold and Platinum and we only got 3 of the Viacom channels, Spike, CMT,and CMDY as a post says lower on the page "Turbo paks get hosed again"

As you're already a DISH Network subscriber it doesn't really matter what is in the TurboHD packages as they aren't available to you.

For new subscribers, DISH hasn't updated their web page with the most recent channels. If there are questions about a particular channel, ask about that channel and surely someone here who has TurboHD can respond.

Ironically, they updated the HD channels on the commercial package pages to include the new channels immediately. Unfortunately, none of the HD receivers on our commercial account are actually receiving any of the seven new channels. :confused:

Last edited:
As you're already a DISH Network subscriber it doesn't really matter what is in the TurboHD packages as they aren't available to you.

Is that true? I thought that I have read threads of current subscribers moving to Turbo. Maybe it is just my imagination though.

For new subscribers, DISH hasn't updated their web page with the most recent channels. If there are questions about a particular channel, ask about that channel and surely someone here who has TurboHD can respond.

Are you sure about that? I am able to select any of the TurboHD packages if I log into my account online.

Edit: I just tried it, and canceled the order. Current customers can get TurboHD

Are you sure about that? I am able to select any of the TurboHD packages if I log into my account online.

Edit: I just tried it, and canceled the order. Current customers can get TurboHD

I was going to say... I could! lol

I am just thinking of cutting back my bill some.

Sirius channels probably don't come with a Turbo pack... Do they?

I tried it yesterday and the option wasn't available to me. I'm logged in now and I can't do a TurboHD package today either.

When I do go to the Dish'n It Up and select TurboHD, it presents a page when I might add TurboHD programming to my existing programming (I already have Gold HD and AEP). I think this is a remnant of when TurboHD was a feature as opposed to a package.

I think that the DISH marketing department has made a terrible mistake in branding and marketing their packages. The Classic bronze, silver and gold are fine. Then, if you do a "plus HD" to any of these packages for $10 more you get all of the HD in the package. So far, so good.

The problem is then they name their Turbo packages bronze, silver and gold, but they do not have the same channels as the classic bronze, silver and gold. On top of that they call them Turbo. In general parlance, turbo means super charged. If anything one would expect these packages to have MORE than the similarly named classic packages.

The should not have packages with such similar names and levels but with differing content. Calling them Turbo 50, 60 and 75 or any other name would have alleviated some of this confusion.

In general, the marketing and branding department has some serious problems, in my opinion. I blame a lot of the problems with people's expectations seen in these threads on lousy marketing and branding.

I think that the DISH marketing department has made a terrible mistake in branding and marketing their packages. The Classic bronze, silver and gold are fine. Then, if you do a "plus HD" to any of these packages for $10 more you get all of the HD in the package. So far, so good.

The problem is then they name their Turbo packages bronze, silver and gold, but they do not have the same channels as the classic bronze, silver and gold. On top of that they call them Turbo. In general parlance, turbo means super charged. If anything one would expect these packages to have MORE than the similarly named classic packages.

The should not have packages with such similar names and levels but with differing content. Calling them Turbo 50, 60 and 75 or any other name would have alleviated some of this confusion.

In general, the marketing and branding department has some serious problems, in my opinion. I blame a lot of the problems with people's expectations seen in these threads on lousy marketing and branding.

Agreed. I think they are worried about people switching to Turbo packages as the HD offerings grow, leaving them paying big SD contracts for channels that many do not use. The only way around this for them is to not offer all of the HD channels in the Turbo packages.

If that is what they have to do, fine... but change the name of the packages. Giving people the impression that they are getting Classic Gold minus SD channels is dirty.

I just switched to TurboHD Silver Thursday and I must say I am pretty happy. I figure they are worried about everyone switching to the Turbo packages which is why they won't throw all the HD channels in the Turbo packages. It really kind of defeats the purpose to have a HD ONLY package and not include all of the HD that corresponds with that tier. They should at least give everything to people who have Turbo Gold w/Platinum. I am happy saving almost $20 a month and still having all the channels I watch though. Now if only NBC and MyNetwork TV would go HD then every program I watch would be in HD. :)

Actually the site has been updated, you'll notice it now lists Comedy Central, Country Music Television and Spike HD on the Turbo Packages.

Also under Gold WGN has been pushed a bit into the Platinum HD Picture :D

Actually the site has been updated, you'll notice it now lists Comedy Central, Country Music Television and Spike HD on the Turbo Packages.

Also under Gold WGN has been pushed a bit into the Platinum HD Picture :D

So they are removing channels from Gold now? That is not going to make people happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts