Turn that frown upside down!! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scottc98

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Columbus, OH
Just wanted to share my lovely experience with my Toridal T-90 install the last two days. I picked up two of these from the sadoun satvention back in Aug. Great deal but it was mainly spare parts (enough to make two dishes and a few extras). Spend yesterday creating a customer post for the back of the yard (same setup i just did on my 120cm). I was able to put a lnb at center (91) yesterday before I had to head to work.

Today, it was time to add some LNBs. Bought out the spare 13in Tv and Lifetime Ultra. Rechecked G10 and 12060 v 26700 was maxed out at 72Q. Went to add AMC 6 and got 0Q. Tweaked skew and position with same results. Decided to move to a closer sat and locked on to AMC3 (87). Was able to pick up the MTA mux, but only at about 55Q (which I was expecting more). I then tried to add on G25 (97). Using the tps for the strong TP sticky post, i was able to lock on but at only 40-50Q, which was really poor IMO. left it there for the time being and tried to add on AMC1(103). Tried locking on pentagon channel and got nothing! Hell, I can get that on my 120cm w/bsc621 and KU on that sucks! It was about that time that I had to pack it up for work.

While upstairs, I checked online and started reading Iceberg's review on the dish. Read the intial post and started looking at the pics. It first, I saw nothing......contentrating at first at the lnbs to ensure I installed them the right way. Check!

.....then I saw the pics of the dish itself, then looked outside, then the pics, then outside........

Ice's reflector curves upwards, like a smile, while mine curves downward, like a frown.

THE DAMM REFLECTOR IS UPSIDE DOWN!!!! This explains why the only signal I could get off center were right next to G11 and why the SQ was not to my liking.

I have a good feeling that tomorrow will be a brighter day :)

SO......to make a long story short.....when you install a T-90 (or T-55 for that matter), remember one thing:

Turn that frown upside down :)

LOL
Sounds like the day I was having yesterday. I guess that would be an understandable error if you never had a dish like that. (funny that it works that way though!)
Bet your signal goes way up on AMC3 now.

good luck :)

if 91 is your centre LNB, 87 should be fine. I have 93 as my centre and 87 works great

Fliiped it over today and amazingly, SQ increase dramatically :)

Was able to align universal at 97 & 79, dual standards at 74, 103 and a invacom at 91.

Funny thing on the 103....Pentagon is at 99 SQ but wont display on the lifetime ultra (breaks up like a 4.2.2 feed does).

Got to do some modicafications to a old sadoun disqec to get my twinhan to work with it so nothing hooked up to the house for now.

Sadoun has a few new ones now from a different manufactor that Jamal is letting me test out. Once my disqec mod is done and working with the twinhan, I am going to compare them to the new ones and see if they fix the power issue that the twihan has with Disqec switches.

(see the Mytheatre forum on the mod)

Once that is done, then I'm going to have to find some bandstacked lnbs :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts