Turner channels REALLY left analog

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Aguilobo2001

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
19.32N 99.13W
The Turner channels, although not available to residential C-Band owners, were still up there. But this morning they finally pulled the plug on the analog signal of G5-5 CNN, G5-6 TBS, G5-17 TNT, G5-22 HLN.

The Turner channels, although not available to residential C-Band owners, were still up there. But this morning they finally pulled the plug on the analog signal of G5-5 CNN, G5-6 TBS, G5-17 TNT, G5-22 HLN.

Just checked there gone :( Sad day, ESPN is still there.

I guess the headends that were using those feeds are catching them on DCII now, all except TBS. The termination sure was hush-hush. I havent seen TBS anywhere, blackout control issues as I recall. Maybe they are getting it via the 'pizza delivery services'

Don't be too sad yet...think of it like this, when all the analogs have been gone for a while, keep your analog receivers connected and do a quick channel scan. You may be amazed from time to time what you will find when they think no one's looking . Standard def will be around a while longer so the old legacy equipment will still be somewhat useful.

The Turner channels including TBS have been on Galaxy 15 in PowerVu DVB for years now. I'm surprised that they kept the analog feeds up as long as they did.

I guess the headends that were using those feeds are catching them on DCII now, all except TBS. The termination sure was hush-hush. I havent seen TBS anywhere, blackout control issues as I recall. Maybe they are getting it via the 'pizza delivery services'
I'll have my TBS with pepperoni and extra cheese please.:D:up

The Turner channels including TBS have been on Galaxy 15 in PowerVu DVB for years now. I'm surprised that they kept the analog feeds up as long as they did.

I agree. It seems like they have had a message on the affiliate site for ages now telling cable companies to swap over to the powervu feeds.

It's too bad they don't put the PowerVu feeds in Fixed Key on Holidays like they did with VC-2. Im gonna miss that :(

I don't check daily, but do any of the big name cable giants PowerVu channels ever go to Fixed Key beside the ones we know about? I know this isn't the area for this question so if anyone ever seen them ITC just say yes. Then we can continue the discussion in WUT.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)