Turner South becomes SportsSouth on Oct.13

slick1ru2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
The South
For those that enjoyed watching the Atlanta Braves in glorious HD on TBS (OTA and on local cable), those days are gone. The new SportsSouth will show most of the Braves games as well as Hawks, Thrashers, select Cincinnati Reds and St. Louis Cardinal games as well as southern college sports all in lousy SD. This just seems like a gigantic step backwards. I remember all the hoopla when the HD equipment was brought in at The Ted just 2 years ago and how wonderful the games have looked. Maybe they can sell it to CBS or Fox. :mad:

oggusfoo said:
TurnerSouth records in HD but doesn't have an OTA or cable HD signal even in Atlanta?

Not that I know of, I just ditched Comcast 2 months ago and TS doesn't broadcast OTA. Its weird.

Of course, Cardinals and Reds games will be blacked out in most of the SportsSouth viewing area.

Perhaps they are picking up a few Cards / Reds games as alternate programming for those in potential SportsSouth territory that don't qualify for the Braves (Kentucky).

This rename/remap has been coming for a while...ever since they took Rick and Bubba off we have known they are switching over to a sports feed. Like the world needs more sports feeds....sheesh

BTW go Vols! :)

avediswolf said:
You guys kicked our butt. :)

Anyway, Wonder if the channel will be availabe to everyone, or still only a select few states.

There were a few moments there I thought we were going to snag defeat from the jaws of victory like we have done in the past. But I was glad I got to see the game. It could have gone the other way, I am sure.

Many many MANY years ago, I 'moved' to Atlanta with Directv to get TurnerSouth because they showed old tv shows, like 'Man from UNCLE' and some great food shows about southern cooking.

Those were the days!

Phil

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts