TV 1 interfering with UHF antenna for TV 2

So dish came out and replaced the 2 week old receiver with another one. Same problem. Remote must be less that two inches from antenna. Dish says I have UHF interference in my house. How do I find it? They are coming next week to upgrade to a 922. we'll see what happens.

So dish came out and replaced the 2 week old receiver with another one. Same problem. Remote must be less that two inches from antenna. Dish says I have UHF interference in my house. How do I find it? They are coming next week to upgrade to a 922. we'll see what happens.

Assuming that Dish is right and the interference is coming from your house and not another "fully refurbished" defective receiver. The UHF interference could be coming from one of your TVs, a computer, etc.

Get a 50-75' coax cable, plug it into the antenna connector on the back of the receiver, connect the UHF antenna to the other end of the coax cable. You may also need to add a 12-15 dB Attenuator in front of the antenna. Now, walk around the house with the cable and remote as far as the cable will reach and see if the remote works better at different locations. If it improves at different location in the house then by process of elimination you can figure out from where the interference are coming.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts