Tv antenna question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

delmerwray

Original poster
Feb 16, 2007
I have no problem recieving FTA via the lnb dish input....but, I can't figure out to switch to my outside tv antenna for the locals...."I have the outside tv antenna running into the input on the back of my stb marked Antenna"....and , I see a button on my remote that says "Sat/TV" but it doesnt seem to do anything at all ....it stays on the sat dish when I push the button...any help much appreciated.

Captiveworks 800s reciever
Digiwave 39 in dish pointed at sat 123
outside tv antenna

if your using the "tv in" on the CW800 it should work like regular. hit the SAT/TV button and use the tv remote to channel up or down. to get back to the sat just hit the SAT/TV button.

EDIT : looks like the CW-800s isn't a multifunction remote . just use the above method

(unless you programmed the tv into the CW800 remote ) then after you hit the SAT/TV button you would then hit the TV button on the multifunction CW-800 remote (usually at the top). you would be able to use the channel up & down buttons on the CW-800 remote. Then to get back you would have to hit the STB button (at the top) and then the SAT/TV button to get back to the CW-800

Thanks You

very much for taking time to reply. I've tried ur suggestion...the result seems to be that the sat/tv button has no efect at all...receiver stays on dish lnb and never switchs to the tv antenna...scratchs head

are you using the a/v outputs or the coax?

if coax, turn the box off and see what happens
if a/v, then that button is useless

i run mine to a multi selector so i can select the source.
but if your tv has coax input ( for the tv antenna) and component input (CW-800)
you should be able to hook both up to the tv ( and use the tv remote to change them

solved

Thank you all for the help, I just found out that my problem can be solved by using a "s-video" cable hook up to the tv...once again, THANK YOU!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)