Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Social TV Apps such as Facebook and Twitter are no longer working on DIRECTV. I am told by DIRECTV that these apps will be removed in a future software update.

Some of these apps have not been supported since July 2013.

What will Neilson Rating do now?
Dam weather and sports app take forever to load....Hope they get sped up?

Just another thing that DIRECTV came out with that looked like it had promise and they end up killing it. Dish keeps adding functions to their STB's while DIRECTV keeps taking things away.

Just another thing that DIRECTV came out with that looked like it had promise and they end up killing it. Dish keeps adding functions to their STB's while DIRECTV keeps taking things away.

But honestly... Why do you need Facebook or Twitter on your TV receiver? I don't even understand what "what's hot" is for... Those little frills are just one more thing to break and slow the receiver from its primary purpose...

Reactions: dishrich
But honestly... Why do you need Facebook or Twitter on your TV receiver? I don't even understand what "what's hot" is for... Those little frills are just one more thing to break and slow the receiver from its primary purpose...
I think having the Microsoft Edge Web Browser on the big screen would be cool and be able to have DTV in a PIP with it.

Reactions: Soccernut
how else would facebook be able to connect to the camera in your samsung tv and spy on you...

how else would facebook be able to connect to the camera in your samsung tv and spy on you...

I don't have a camera on my TV, but I would certainly give it the equivalent of a tin foil hat if it did - little piece of black tape!

They're not really being used and they hog the bandwidth.

I rather see an app that is linked to an online database storage of ALL our Series Manager, ToDo list, etc. that can be accessed from any STB.

one more reason Directv subs here are safe from bluegras (since he posts ad nauseum about mythical HD stations and apps he wants added to Dish)

Reactions: osu1991
Got this from a DIRECTV CSR this morning which seems to confirm what I have said.

Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 7.39.54 AM.png

Reactions: Mr Tony
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)