This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

TV Channel wants Dish Network Complaints

I'm a new subscriber in Janesville, WI, ordered from dishstore.net on 12/30/03, installed on 1/9/04 and I got the DHP plan with the 522 and 811 receivers. Nowhere was it mentioned that I had to subscribe to the HD channels when I signed up and I was specifically quoted by a sales rep what my first bill would contain and it didn't include any HD channel fee. However, my first bill arrived this week and sure enough, the $10 fee for HD channels was on there. I called Customer service, explained everything to the rep and he said that I was obligated to purchase the HD pack for 12 months and that there was nothing he could do. I spoke to a supervisor and all he did was give me a 2 month credit for the HD channels.

Oddly enough, the article at the top of this Thread is from my local CBS station. I followed the link that they had for the form for complaints and relayed my experience.

Otherwise, I am really pleased at the features and quality of the satellite service. Way better than the cable crap I just ditched!