TV Japan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ejb1980

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Vermont
TV Japan HD, ch 2040, is now live on Directv.

Fun Fact: The news is available outside of the channel's subscription, so you can watch it. It is in Japanese, but the other site said that some of the newscasts had English on the SAP. Also, all international HD is on the 99/103 like other HD so it shows up on regular 3 and 5 LNB dishes. I just watched the news on ch 2040 with Xtra and can verify that it does work. Apparently, this is how the channel was on Dish Network, too.

TV Japan HD, ch 2040, is now live on Directv.

Fun Fact: The news is available outside of the channel's subscription, so you can watch it. It is in Japanese, but the other site said that some of the newscasts had English on the SAP. Also, all international HD is on the 99/103 like other HD so it shows up on regular 3 and 5 LNB dishes. I just watched the news on ch 2040 with Xtra and can verify that it does work. Apparently, this is how the channel was on Dish Network, too.
Is the International package required to view this channel ?
I just went to it to check it out and it said I need to subscribe to it .... I have the Ultimate package.

Is the International package required to view this channel ?
I just went to it to check it out and it said I need to subscribe to it .... I have the Ultimate package.
You can only watch news programs, the rest of the time it will tell you to subscribe.

Wow, it is in HD! Very interesting to watch for a while, sound off of course. Does anyone know if the Italian Mediaset channel is in HD? I understand it is on the 95 satellite and would require extra equipment.

Wow, it is in HD! Very interesting to watch for a while, sound off of course. Does anyone know if the Italian Mediaset channel is in HD? I understand it is on the 95 satellite and would require extra equipment.
Yes it's on 95W, and therefore it's only MPEG-2 SD.

Sorry ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)