This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

TV shows never made it the recycle bin

ohioankev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
I just purged a list of cancels TV shows (the whole seasons --
Forever, State of Affairs, Battle Creek, Constantine, Backstrom, and The Following ) and the only show to make it to the recycle bin was State of Affairs. Personally in this situation I'm not bothered by what happen I just found it odd and thought I would warn someone who has indecision about deleting recordings and recovering them afterwards. Could it be a S520 bug ?

Noticing that they are all PTAT, I would check and see if it happens on non PTAT channels as well.

Thanks for the heads up Kev. I don't often check the recycle bin to see if everything goes there but I kinda depend on shows being there if I deleted them accidently. I have been warned and will keep an eye on it.

Seeing as you said you purged whole seasons maybe the recycle bin was too full?

I think the recycle bin can only hold about 10% of the total HD capacity. So my guess is the the reason State of Affairs stayed in the bin was because it was the last one you deleted.

Personally, I have a conceptual issue with how some use the recycle bin as another file. To me, when something goes in the garbage, it's gone! But that's just me.

Reactions: Hall
Personally, I have a conceptual issue with how some use the recycle bin as another file. To me, when something goes in the garbage, it's gone! But that's just me.

I don't like to wait the forty eight hours, I usually go in there to manually empty the bin. There was one time my dvr lagged while trying to delete a program and I ended up moving another one to the recycling bin so I'm glad dish did add the feature.

I have used the recycle bin several times. I wish the deleted recordings stayed in the bin longer.
Yes! I completely agree. TiVo has deleted recordings in that folder until the DVR needs space for new recordings. However, as far as the Hoppers, I would be happy with something between one and two weeks AT LEAST before items removed from Recycle Bin, excepting if that room is not needed by the DVR.

Reactions: charlesrshell
did you tried to search for the show? i noticed a time ago i deleted a PTAT show by accident and it never showed off in the recycle folder, after a search, the shows appears as available (not in the PTAT folder, saved shows folder, on demand or recycle folder) and i watched from the search results. deleted again and it still didn't showed up in the recycle folder.

If you saved a show, and yet delete it from PTAT, it won't show in recycle folder because you did not get rid of anything.

Last edited:
If you saved a show, and yet delete it from PTAT, it won't show in recycle folder because you did not get rid of anything.

the show already left the PTAT folder when i deleted from the saved folder more than a month after record it, i only mentioned PTAT just to let know that it was a PTAT show, not that i deleted from the PTAT folder