TV to Bedroom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ckittrenb

Original poster
Nov 24, 2009
Alabama
Can I jump in here? I have the same sort of problem...but apparently MUCH less understanding of the technical vocabulary. I also would like to mirror the signal from the main line of our central tv. We have a DirectTV DVR receiver in the living room, but would like to mirror the signal to a tv in the bedroom. At my previous apartment, some really nice satellite fellows gave me an RF modulator; problem is, I don't know what to do with it! I know that somehow this magic box will accomplish what I desire, but I don't know how.

I tried to understand your responses to SpaceAce, but I'm afraid that you lost me somewhere around "menu 6-1-5." :eek:

What I'd like to do is to run the TV through the VCR (so I can record from the TV)--but also run all the sound through the DVD player's surround sound (and be able to watch DVDs)--and THEN mirror the signal to the bedroom.

"Help me Obi-Wan(s). You're my only hope."

And use SIMPLE words--I'm just a girl....:p

Thanks for the welcome! And the response. :)

Neither tv is HD. The tv in the bedroom is an older model tv that only has one input (co-axial?); however, the satellite dish feeds two separate cables into the receiver in the living room.

And..if you are going to send me to another forum..uh..please tell me how to get there. :rolleyes:

I'll keep the post here tonight, and will move in the morning :) (will name TV to Bedroom in the Directv Tech section :)) You could run a coax to the bedroom from the receiver, then if the TV in the livingroom has S-Video and composite input run from the receiver to that TV.

Okay. So what I think you are saying is that I can connect the DVR/receiver to the living room tv via S-video AND composites (red, white-not yellow because the S-video will carry the video signal?). But then how do I get the signal to the BR tv? There is not a co-ax output.

The VCR is not currently connected at all.

Current configuration is as follows:

DVD player is plugged into TV1 input on TV
Video/audio from receiver is plugged into TV2 input on TV
Video/audio out of reciever is plugged into TV/audio in on DVD player (for surrounds sound).

I may have initially posted on a thread where the initial questioner was using a Dish system; however, I myself have Direct TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)