TV to Bedroom

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ckittrenb

Original poster
Nov 24, 2009
Alabama
Can I jump in here? I have the same sort of problem...but apparently MUCH less understanding of the technical vocabulary. I also would like to mirror the signal from the main line of our central tv. We have a DirectTV DVR receiver in the living room, but would like to mirror the signal to a tv in the bedroom. At my previous apartment, some really nice satellite fellows gave me an RF modulator; problem is, I don't know what to do with it! I know that somehow this magic box will accomplish what I desire, but I don't know how.

I tried to understand your responses to SpaceAce, but I'm afraid that you lost me somewhere around "menu 6-1-5." :eek:

What I'd like to do is to run the TV through the VCR (so I can record from the TV)--but also run all the sound through the DVD player's surround sound (and be able to watch DVDs)--and THEN mirror the signal to the bedroom.

"Help me Obi-Wan(s). You're my only hope."

And use SIMPLE words--I'm just a girl....:p

Thanks for the welcome! And the response. :)

Neither tv is HD. The tv in the bedroom is an older model tv that only has one input (co-axial?); however, the satellite dish feeds two separate cables into the receiver in the living room.

And..if you are going to send me to another forum..uh..please tell me how to get there. :rolleyes:

I'll keep the post here tonight, and will move in the morning :) (will name TV to Bedroom in the Directv Tech section :)) You could run a coax to the bedroom from the receiver, then if the TV in the livingroom has S-Video and composite input run from the receiver to that TV.

Okay. So what I think you are saying is that I can connect the DVR/receiver to the living room tv via S-video AND composites (red, white-not yellow because the S-video will carry the video signal?). But then how do I get the signal to the BR tv? There is not a co-ax output.

The VCR is not currently connected at all.

Current configuration is as follows:

DVD player is plugged into TV1 input on TV
Video/audio from receiver is plugged into TV2 input on TV
Video/audio out of reciever is plugged into TV/audio in on DVD player (for surrounds sound).

I may have initially posted on a thread where the initial questioner was using a Dish system; however, I myself have Direct TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)