TV VS VIP222

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
I have a strange problem with my tv in the downstairs living room. When the tv is on no matter if it's sd or hd I have strange black marts on the tv. I don't see them when the tv is off (even used a flashlight to see if I could see them with it off). I don't see them on tv2. I don't have anything else hooked up to the tv to test it without Dish running on the tv. How can I find out if this is something wrong with the receiver or the tv?

Geronimo said:
Tou mentioned computer games. Was the TV used for that

No. The only thing they used it for was Directv (couldn't get dish because of a tree across the street) and now they moved in with us dish. Never had a VCR, DVD player or any game systems plugged in it.

I have the protection plan. How hard would it be to get another receiver? Would this require another contract. Our local CBS station (WTAJ) is the worse. You can see it on other stations sometimes. Doesn't always seem noticeable. Didn't really notice it when I plug in a DVD player. So Wonder if it's the 222.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

No. The only thing they used it for was Directv (couldn't get dish because of a tree across the street) and now they moved in with us dish. Never had a VCR, DVD player or any game systems plugged in it.

I have the protection plan. How hard would it be to get another receiver? Would this require another contract. Our local CBS station (WTAJ) is the worse. You can see it on other stations sometimes. Doesn't always seem noticeable. Didn't really notice it when I plug in a DVD player. So Wonder if it's the 222.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
It wouldn't be hard to get you a replacement since you have the protection plan but I wouldn't jump to that route right away. You mentioned that you are using HDMI cable to connect to the TV, do you happen to have another HDMI cable or another cable that you could test? Also when you see the black marks, do you notice anything happening with the sound?

It wouldn't be hard to get you a replacement since you have the protection plan but I wouldn't jump to that route right away. You mentioned that you are using HDMI cable to connect to the TV, do you happen to have another HDMI cable or another cable that you could test? Also when you see the black marks, do you notice anything happening with the sound?

I don't have an extra HDMI right now. As for sound quality that's perfect. The HD is clear besides the black lines. I could take one from my PS3 just for testing.

ZachS@DISH Network said:
Also try hooking up the PS3 using the same cable just to see what happens.

I agree with this approach, test another device with the same connection just to see if its the reciever or tv. Sorry to say, but it sounds like the tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)