TV with stand 1 inch too big

golface

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Hi there guys
Wife loves the 58 samsung, only problem is that it won't fit with the included stand. One inch to tall, the TV sits above the corner fireplace, any suggestions?

My stand (generic for a Toshiba) has a piece of glass on top that adds 3/4". There are also little rubber feet that add 1/2" Are there these sorts of things where you can gain an easy inch. Shaving an inch off a flat board is nearly impossible.

Option 4, shave an inch off the fireplace. Is there a trim piece that can be removed?

Option 5, get a different stand. BB has dozens of generic models. Pick one that is shorter.

sorry I was not clear, The pedestal that comes with the TV, the tv is 33' and the stand is 2.5'. Is there a generic pedestal?

sorry I was not clear, The pedestal that comes with the TV, the tv is 33' and the stand is 2.5'. Is there a generic pedestal?

Wow, a 33 foot TV! No wonder you are having trouble fitting it in :D

Seriously, are you saying the TV is 33 inches high and the stand is approx 54 inches high? That is a very tall stand. Does the TV sit within the stand or on top of it? Not sure I can suggest anything with just this information.

There are a lot of third party TV stands out there for all sizes. Take a look at Best Buy, CC, etc.

Yes, there are generic stands.

If this is a flat panel set, can't you wall mount the thing? That's the whole point of them anyway. ;)

Seriously, there are a ton of wall mount (as well as generic footed) stands for flat panels. There are even some stands that are just hidden ways of making a flat panel appear to be wall mounted.

Design Within Reach - Min Media Wall
Design Within Reach - Titan Media Stand

Modern furniture for your TV and audio needs from Eurway

I have my DLP resting on one of these.

IKEA | TV solutions | Flat screen- TV furniture | LACK

Just for fun...

Steampunk Flat-Panel LCD Mod

Yes, I know you have your TV resting on your fireplace mantel. I was just giving you other options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts