TV2 connection fee/lose 722?

LeM22

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
Northern VA
I'm thinking of switching from TurboHDSilver(DAS) to AT120/200. To help reduce costs, I'm thinking of getting rid of my second tv (SDTV) since I rarely use it. Will this save me the TV2 connection fee of 5 bucks? Will I get to keep the 722 or do they change the receiver if you only have one tv?

I'm thinking of switching from TurboHDSilver(DAS) to AT120/200. To help reduce costs, I'm thinking of getting rid of my second tv (SDTV) since I rarely use it. Will this save me the TV2 connection fee of 5 bucks? Will I get to keep the 722 or do they change the receiver if you only have one tv?
I don't think that dish cares if you have 1 TV or 25. The 722 can be put into single mode and you can use the PIP function on your one TV.

Ross

Will this save me the TV2 connection fee of 5 bucks?

There is no extra charge for using TV2 on your 722. If you had a 2nd receiver you would get charged for that, but Dish does not charge for the 2nd tuner on any of it's Duo-receivers . Any extra charges for your 722 are because it is a DVR.

some bills do state 'tv2 connection fee'. depends when you became a customer. but this fee has nothing at all to do with how many tvs you have hooked up. in the past it was waived by plugging in a phone line. recently so many things have changed i dont know anymore.

Copy of bill with tv2 fee

This month's billing statement shows a tv2 connection fee. How do I get rid of this? see attachment

Attachments

• tv2feepic.jpg
    tv2feepic.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 198
All of the current and past company changes have most of us confused, but, supposedly, if you didn't have a phone line connected prior to February 1, you will be charged the TV2 fee, even if the phone line is connected. I don't think even Charlie knows.

The TV2 connection fee is still there, right now since Feb everyone was givin a credit even if you have the phone line hooked up or not. Come August you will see that credit disappear and your bill will rise to compensate the TV2 connection fee. I plan on raising a little hell when it does to get some sort of promo out of it since I honestly think its a crock of crap that they are doing that.

update..talked to CSR

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me a moment to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Adam Q.VV9: Your patience is greatly appreciated.

(03) Adam Q.VV9: Thank you.
(03) Adam Q.VV9: I can answer that,
(03) Adam Q.VV9: I see that you have autopay and paperless billing on the account. To appreciate this setup, I will remove the TV2 connection fee from your account.
: Thank you.
(03) Adam Q.VV9: You're welcome.

We'll see if it shows on the next statement.

The TV2 connection fee is still there, right now since Feb everyone was givin a credit even if you have the phone line hooked up or not. Come August you will see that credit disappear and your bill will rise to compensate the TV2 connection fee. I plan on raising a little hell when it does to get some sort of promo out of it since I honestly think its a crock of crap that they are doing that.

I have always had a phone line hooked up so I never paid the $5.00. For the longest my bill showed a TV2 connection fee and then a credit, so it was a wash. On Feb 1, when the lease fees changed the TV 2 connection fee was no longer a separate charge, I guess you could say it is part of the new fees. Anyway I have, like many others who had the phone line plugged in prior to Feb 1, been continuing to receive the $5.00 TV2 credit. I understand that it will go away this summer, so yes the bill will go up $5.00 but there should not be an additional charge just no credit.

Ross

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)