TVJapan freeview

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

minkbarn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
This is probably already known, but if not- TVJapan on channel 640 is in free preview mode. Multiple providers including Dish are making this channel available because of the disaster over there.

You could be losing certain transponders. I would see about having a tech visit. If you are losing only some channels on 61.5 you probably have a bad lnb.

Are the dish people listening. I've been looking for the channel (during the free preview). Can't you find space for it on 110/119/129 (common, it's std def) ?

Unfortunately, Dish only puts the internationals on 118.7 (which sucks for most subs). That's why to me, dish should just install the dish 500+ and the dish 1000+ for everyone so they can get these international free previews (at least for the Western Arc. I don't know if they can make a 500+/1000+ for eastern arc, but I'm sure they probably could) Plus I'm sure it would have saved dish more money at least for WA because they've been using the 500/1000+ for the past few years. To me, they didn't need to spend any money in making the 1000.2 or 1000.4 for WA. Sure the 1000+ is bigger, but at least you get all the channels, including international free previews on one dish.

ckhalil18 said:
Unfortunately, Dish only puts the internationals on 118.7 (which sucks for most subs). That's why to me, dish should just install the dish 500+ and the dish 1000+ for everyone so they can get these international free previews (at least for the Western Arc. I don't know if they can make a 500+/1000+ for eastern arc, but I'm sure they probably could) Plus I'm sure it would have saved dish more money at least for WA because they've been using the 500/1000+ for the past few years. To me, they didn't need to spend any money in making the 1000.2 or 1000.4 for WA. Sure the 1000+ is bigger, but at least you get all the channels, including international free previews on one dish.

Maybe now it could be worth it to do such a thing, because of the new 500+ lnb (which has an integrated switch.) but the 44 switch is so darn expensive, i don't think it would be that cost effective is a sub doesnt pay fot international channels. But i do agree with you.

As well as , why not every apartment building, or MDU, just have 1 1000+ put up on the building and just cascade multiple switches 2 ports per apartment, or whatever.

Only NEWS NEWS NEWS from NHK Japan. They only show 1 daily drama series and the taiga series directly from Japan.

Is all the TV stations in Japan canceling the weekly shows and showing NEWS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)