TVJapan freeview

minkbarn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
This is probably already known, but if not- TVJapan on channel 640 is in free preview mode. Multiple providers including Dish are making this channel available because of the disaster over there.

You could be losing certain transponders. I would see about having a tech visit. If you are losing only some channels on 61.5 you probably have a bad lnb.

Are the dish people listening. I've been looking for the channel (during the free preview). Can't you find space for it on 110/119/129 (common, it's std def) ?

Unfortunately, Dish only puts the internationals on 118.7 (which sucks for most subs). That's why to me, dish should just install the dish 500+ and the dish 1000+ for everyone so they can get these international free previews (at least for the Western Arc. I don't know if they can make a 500+/1000+ for eastern arc, but I'm sure they probably could) Plus I'm sure it would have saved dish more money at least for WA because they've been using the 500/1000+ for the past few years. To me, they didn't need to spend any money in making the 1000.2 or 1000.4 for WA. Sure the 1000+ is bigger, but at least you get all the channels, including international free previews on one dish.

ckhalil18 said:
Unfortunately, Dish only puts the internationals on 118.7 (which sucks for most subs). That's why to me, dish should just install the dish 500+ and the dish 1000+ for everyone so they can get these international free previews (at least for the Western Arc. I don't know if they can make a 500+/1000+ for eastern arc, but I'm sure they probably could) Plus I'm sure it would have saved dish more money at least for WA because they've been using the 500/1000+ for the past few years. To me, they didn't need to spend any money in making the 1000.2 or 1000.4 for WA. Sure the 1000+ is bigger, but at least you get all the channels, including international free previews on one dish.

Maybe now it could be worth it to do such a thing, because of the new 500+ lnb (which has an integrated switch.) but the 44 switch is so darn expensive, i don't think it would be that cost effective is a sub doesnt pay fot international channels. But i do agree with you.

As well as , why not every apartment building, or MDU, just have 1 1000+ put up on the building and just cascade multiple switches 2 ports per apartment, or whatever.

Only NEWS NEWS NEWS from NHK Japan. They only show 1 daily drama series and the taiga series directly from Japan.

Is all the TV stations in Japan canceling the weekly shows and showing NEWS.