Please reply by conversation.

wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
HITS that TVLand will no longer be available on the W5/X4 as of October 12th, 2011. MTV will be moving TVLand to a different satellite

This is what I found out.

mtvU will be taking that spot on X4. TV land has a new HD feed up on DVBS2 8PSK it was ITC last week. HITS must be getting the HD feed. SRL & H2H may give us access to this new MTV channel in its place it will not be a hot swap though.

There are so many retro tv content channels ITC now we have our pickings for free. Metv, RTV, HOT, Antenna. No real loss, TV land was mostly becoming a reality station.

Funny thing about the Tv land HD feed I saw it was all SD with sidebars. Don't think retro tv was shot in HD :)

Last edited:
It's been on my subscription list for occasional viewing but I won't miss it....the statements here about the available "retro" stuff on TV land vs what's available even OTA without FTA (too darn many abbreviations here...its starting to look my radio industry resume or alphabet soup!!!) are true! There's less and less of the "retro" content on TV Land! MeTV and others do a much better job of retro these days!

It's been on my subscription list for occasional viewing but I won't miss it....the statements here about the available "retro" stuff on TV land vs what's available even OTA without FTA (too darn many abbreviations here...its starting to look my radio industry resume or alphabet soup!!!) are true! There's less and less of the "retro" content on TV Land! MeTV and others do a much better job of retro these days!

I have TV land on my sub and once in a blue moon I turn it on. TV land was great when they launched but over the years they became an MTV. Metv is probably the best now even RTV is in the dumps. Now we have HOT and even old shows on the Hub. And there's Antenna where you can get it OTA since the feed on G-14 is encrypted (don't understand that move) I get everything including Me too in Chicago. Retro is everywhere. TV land should just shutdown all together.

tv land

Sorry about the tv land loss. I did not realize they did the reality stuff. I enjoy the old comedy sitcoms. The wife likes that new one with Betty White. The greater loss is more mtv crud. That stuff is terrible. I thought someone mentioned that hits would sell us access to all their other feeds ? We would probably be better off if we concentrated on setting up a different receiver for that. We buy our own equipment anyway.

Viacom does that with everything. Start out with great ideas and it slowly morphs into garbage! MTV, MTV2, now TV Land too. Crap. New shows might be HD, but new shouldn't even be on there :rant:

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

I get meTV1 and meTV2 both on AMC-3. meTV1 carries all of the programming and meTV2 is mostly color bars but once in a while duplicates what is on meTV1. I have searched the skies and have not been able to find meToo. What satellite is it on?

MeToo is not available to anyone outside the Chicago area. It is on 26.4 and 48.1 OTA here in Chicago.

Tomorrow (AUG 26) my Digital Deluxe subscription expires and I have been debating if I should reduce it to the Digital Basic or cancel the service. My wife and daughter still haven't touched it and when I asked why my wife responded "It's just easier to use the Dish Network service and shows can be recorded". In fact during the past two months even I haven't been watching H2H since additional channels such as PBJ, TV Hot and others have been added to FTA.

Now since TV land is going away I think this just helped my decision, because I believe this is just the beginning of channels being lost on the H2H service. Even though I like the H2H service I can't see it surviving without providing HD channels and DVR functionality. It will be nice saving an extra $36 a month plus I'll still be able to enjoy the music channels and some others on FTA satellite at no cost.

My wife and daughter still haven't touched it and when I asked why my wife responded "It's just easier to use the Dish Network service.

Now since TV land is going away I think this just helped my decision, because I believe this is just the beginning of channels being lost on the H2H service. Even though I like the H2H service I can't see it surviving without providing HD channels and DVR functionality. It will be nice saving an extra $36 a month plus I'll still be able to enjoy the music channels and some others on FTA satellite at no cost.

Yeap yeap and yeap.

Sent with my rooted eVo using Tapatalk.

It won't last much longer IMO, unless... Even Skyvision and SRL seem disinterested in it, since you never see them promoting this service on any of these boards. On occasion they might make a post or two, but in no way are they communicating with it's customers the way NPS used to, as bad as I dislike NPS now. NPS kept everyone informed for the most part. NPS at least tried to make the customers happy from time to time, and at least did try to gain more customers. They were a decent company for awhile, but that didn't last forever tho. And they did try to get new channels from time to time. How many new chs have been added to H2H since the beginning of this year? I don't have this service as of yet. And to be honest, I don't think I'm missing out on much. Unless they try to do something to expand H2H, like finding a way to get us access to the combo feeds..even the SD ones, it's just a matter of time before pretty much everyone loses interest, including the current subs. Then we can call it History 2 HITS.

I like the MTV mini-pack. There are channels there that actually show music videos! :eek: :D

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)