Status
Please reply by conversation.

mhking

Chief cook & bottlewasher
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 9, 2004
Atlanta
TVOne is a black-oriented network with a mix of original and off-network programming co-owned by radio station owner RadioOne and Comcast.

D* is also testing their first three "mix channels", which air with a split screen of several "themed channels." The three are NewsMix on Ch. 102 (which includes Channels 202 (CNN), 204 (Headline News), 355 (CNBC), 356 (MSNBC), 360 (Fox News Channel) and 362 (The Weather Channel)); SportsMix on Ch. 104 (which includes 206 (ESPN), 209 (ESPN2), 212 (NFL Network), 607 (Speed) and 608 (OLN)) and KidsMix on Ch. 111 (including 82 (Animal Planet), 290 (Disney), 292 (Toon Disney), 296 (Cartoon), 298 (Noggin) and 299 (Nick)).

I don't know when the "mix channels" are set to go live for the rest of us.

I'm presuming this is the beginning of the new interactive services that D* is supposed to be running, but I'm still somewhat disgusted at them for not keeping CNNI or adding BBC World or Sky News.

The Mix Channels (These are the big Mosaic Channels that was talked about in the past) are going to be available on January 3rd.

I don't really see any big deal in the channels though, the only one usefull would be the news one.

DirecTV will also have some additional announcements at CES, SatelliteGuys will be at CES and reporting any news that comes out of the show. :)

Watching it right now. "Good Times". "It's Showtime at the Apollo" up next.

indeed JJ....

I did see Sinbad at the Apollo as an MC. Hopefully this channel with have decent comedy on it.

In addition to that, they run radio host Tom Joyner's Sky Show series, which has some decent concerts and a few comedians on it as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)