TWC Throttling Youtube?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SEALBoy

Original poster
Jan 31, 2010
TX
I've had Time Warner Cable internet in Austin for several months now. I go to uni here so basically I keep their service for 9 months a year, renewing with the start of each new school year.

For the past 3 years, I have not had much problem with their service. However, this year, starting around September 2009 (about 1 month into my service), I noticed YouTube videos loaded glacially slow. This has not let up since. I have a 7Mbps line, and it makes no sense for ALL YouTube videos to load slow ALL the time.

I've called TWC, no luck there. I've tried changing routers, modems, wired/wireless connections. No luck.

And now I'm seriously starting to think that TWC is throttling YouTube intentionally.

Anyone have similar experiences?

I have comcast, and I think its youtube as thats allways been the status quoe with youtube. Especially with the HD videos. I have the 50 meg down and 5 up service, and the additional speed doesn't make a difference when it comes to that site, same slow lag.

I have Time Warner as well, 15meg down. Youtube is absolutely awful for me, where I can pull 20mbps down without issue on some torrents.....

who knows!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)