TWC Throttling Youtube?

SEALBoy

Original poster
Jan 31, 2010
TX
I've had Time Warner Cable internet in Austin for several months now. I go to uni here so basically I keep their service for 9 months a year, renewing with the start of each new school year.

For the past 3 years, I have not had much problem with their service. However, this year, starting around September 2009 (about 1 month into my service), I noticed YouTube videos loaded glacially slow. This has not let up since. I have a 7Mbps line, and it makes no sense for ALL YouTube videos to load slow ALL the time.

I've called TWC, no luck there. I've tried changing routers, modems, wired/wireless connections. No luck.

And now I'm seriously starting to think that TWC is throttling YouTube intentionally.

Anyone have similar experiences?

I have comcast, and I think its youtube as thats allways been the status quoe with youtube. Especially with the HD videos. I have the 50 meg down and 5 up service, and the additional speed doesn't make a difference when it comes to that site, same slow lag.

I have Time Warner as well, 15meg down. Youtube is absolutely awful for me, where I can pull 20mbps down without issue on some torrents.....

who knows!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)