TWC's Weatherscan - Local Channel -

saguaro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Oro Valley, AZ
The Weather Channel's Weatherscan is now on channel 010-00, on the spotbeam with our local channels. It's much better than the generic Weather Channel. It gives weather for four Arizona locations; Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff, and Lake Havasu City. There are three different screens with rotating information. One screen shows TEMPERATURE NOW, rotating with the 4 cities. Another screen rotates TODAY'S FORECAST, 5-DAY FORECAST, TONIGHT'S FORECAST for each of the 4 cities. A third larger screen rotates for the same 4 cities, showing LOCAL DOPPLER RADAR, LOCAL FORECAST, TODAY'S FORECAST, EXTENDED FORECAST, CURRENTLY, CURRENT AIRPORT CONDITIONS, RADAR SATELLITE, ALMANAC, and WEATHER BULLETIN. The fault I find with it is that the three screens are not coordinated with the same city at the same time. It might show TEMPERATURE NOW in Tucson, TODAY'S FORECAST for Lake Havasu City, and EXTENDED FORECAST for Flagstaff. Hopefully TWC can fine-tune their otherwise excellent channel.

Cable has had weatherscan local on the digital tier for about decade so don't expect any fine tuning.

i would like to see DFW get one next in the next batch of local weatherscan channels to be rolled out on Dish. DFW weather can be weird sometimes, as i live in a county in the Northeastern part of the DFW metroplex region

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)