Super Stations in Hd?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blanquitoman1984

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Fontana, CA
Not sure but would like to know if super stations are available in HD? I now have the Welcome Pack but would like to know if I add a super staion will it be in HD?

If it is, which would you pick?
Which is worth the money?

The superstations are not in HD... You don't add just one station, it's all or none. The price is the same.

No the superstations are not available in HD as a A-la-carte selection, I've asked about this to Dish but get no good response about it.
And I believe under the A-La-Carte section in the account area, if you have on-line account, you can get 1 superstation for $2.00 month if you want. It is only in SD. Or all 5 for $7.00, all in SD and NOT HD. This is what I did, added 1 for $2.00 month, for the one show I watch on the CW, Supernatural, as the CW in my area converted to a FOX affiliate.

In many markets, including Los Angeles, if one is attempting to get Superstations, TODAY, Dish will only provide the 3 CW stations (owned by Tribune).

Correct me if I'm wrong. but I think that WWOR is the only way to see some small regional broadcasts of the Yankees for Dish subs, and WPIX is the only way to see the Mets, or did the Yankees go all YES and Mets go all SNY like many other teams. Also, thanks for the info on WSBK, Iceberg, goes to show how often I pay attention to 38 or My Network TV.

You won't get the Superstations in HD outside of where their spotbeams cover. Would be nice to get My9 and PIX 11 in HD like I used to back in Jersey, but I take them as they are.

Correct me if I'm wrong. but I think that WWOR is the only way to see some small regional broadcasts of the Yankees for Dish subs, and WPIX is the only way to see the Mets, or did the Yankees go all YES and Mets go all SNY like many other teams. Also, thanks for the info on WSBK, Iceberg, goes to show how often I pay attention to 38 or My Network TV.

Both teams show a limited amount of games on their respective stations.

WGN is not considered a superstation anymore. they stopped calling themselves one some time ago.

Yeah, both WGN and TBS converted themselves from Superstations to your run of the mill basic cable channels, WGN America did so because of Syndex keeping them from airing CW and other syndicated programs that you would see on WGN-TV 9 in Chicago, TBS did so when WTBS 17 out of Atlanta became WPCH and Time Warner split off the TBS cable feed from being a simulcast of WTBS/WPCH. But having my favorite late night host, Conan, does make TBS a "super station" in another way, IMO. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts