Twinhan 1020A continuity errors on CBand

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iammike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2003
Roanoke,VA
I was having problems locking high symbol rate cband transponders with my Genpix card, turns out it can't handle symbol rates higher than 30000, so I tried switching the cable over to my Twinhan 1020a card. The Twinhan can lock the transponders okay, but the picture stutters and hiccups pretty bad. I checked it out with TSReader and I'm getting major continuity errors. At first I thought it was just the high SR transponders but then I found it was all cband transponders. KU seems to work just fine. If I leave the dish in the same position and switch back to the Genpix, no problem (as long as the SR is under 30000).

Has anybody seen this before? The Twinhan has been acting a little flakey anyway, so I'm guessing it's probably a hardware issue but thought I'd ask.

Thanks,
Mike

My 102g has not had this problem with C-Band. Admittedly, I have only used it a couple of times, but it when it was used, I had absolutely no issues with it.

My 102g has not had this problem with C-Band. Admittedly, I have only used it a couple of times, but it when it was used, I had absolutely no issues with it.

I didn't have any trouble with my 1020a last year either. I had several weekly timers recording programs in MT. After my 102g experience and now this, I'm not real sure how much I trust Twinhan products anymore. I may go with a Skystar on my next purchase.

Mike

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)