Twinhan 1020a DVB-S VisionPlus

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Roseph

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2009
Somewhere
Should I buy this for FTA use? Will it handle both C and Ku band dishes? Quality is somewhat of a concern, but I just want something that will *work* nicely.

I bought one on fleabay for a $1.25 + shipping =$15.00. I think It works good on c and ku went my dish is aligned. The only problem I have is switching from c to ku with a 22khz switch.
I run it with progdvb and the picture quality is good. I have been using dvb dream and it seems to control the card better and uses less cpu, but the picture quality is not as good.
If you find it at the right price go for it.

I am using Windows 7 x64. :( What's wrong with it? Is there something else I should get then?

The problem with this card is that you will have troubles finding a signed x64 driver for Vista or 7 and then if you have found it and you have equal or more than 4 GB in RAM it will not work, you will need less than 4GB in RAM and they have not updated their drivers for this card since 2006.

If you are using Windows 7 x64 don't get it, if you are using XP 32 bit go ahead.

I have Win7 64-bit, the only thing I have to do to get the cd's driver's to work is to boot win7 with f8 and disable driver certification.:p

I have both drivers the ones that need F8 and the ones that doesn't need F8 (signed drivers) but if you have more than 4GB in ram those drivers will not work on windows 7 x64.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)