Twinhan 1020a loop out question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

linuxman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
North West of St. Louis, MO
I sent this question to Twinhan Tech Support early this morning but have not gotten a response yet.

Maybe I'll get a faster answer here. :)

When using the Loop out on the card to an STB, does the Twinhan 1020a have a DC block?

Or do you need to have the LNB power off on the STB?

If wanting to use the power on in the STB, can you leave the computer on, but have the card program turned off which which also turns off the LNB power from the card and then use the STB with LNB on?

I have done a bit of searching, and haven't found an answer yet.

Thanks!

Yes, TH1020a can be controlled that way, ie SW could turn off LNB DC.
Well, I finally assumed that you meant the answer was yes to this question.
If wanting to use the power on in the STB, can you leave the computer on, but have the card program turned off which which also turns off the LNB power from the card and then use the STB with LNB on?
I tried it that way, and it works and hasn't blown anything up yet. When I turn the Traxis to standby, the power goes off to the GBox V3000 and doesn't light up again until I either turn MyTheatre or the Traxis on.

Thanks for you help Guy!

MyTheatre turns off power to the lnb on shutdown, if selected in settings. I can't find any setting in DVBdream that does that so some care should be taken. Honestly, I've inadvertantly started a second dvb app before shutting down the other, or started up my stb with a dvb pci app running without any disasters. I'm a little more careful these days with the $300 skywalker in the chain, its not like frying a $50 Twinhan or Skystar;) Its easy to tell with the Gbox if the lnb is getting power by the display which is nice.

MyTheatre turns off power to the lnb on shutdown, if selected in settings. I can't find any setting in DVBdream that does that so some care should be taken. Honestly, I've inadvertantly started a second dvb app before shutting down the other, or started up my stb with a dvb pci app running without any disasters. I'm a little more careful these days with the $300 skywalker in the chain, its not like frying a $50 Twinhan or Skystar;) Its easy to tell with the Gbox if the lnb is getting power by the display which is nice.
Thanks Starman,

What little I have played with DVBDream, the LNB power comes on and off when you start and stop it.

Yes, It is nice with the GBox re-assuring whether anything is getting power or not.

I might use DVBDream a little more but I can't figure out how to get the USB Twinhan remote to work with it. I found where to set the remote for Twinhan, but the remote does nothing after that.

I searched on the DVBDream forum and got nowhere either.

That is a major downfall of DVBDream is that is the case. Otherwise the program works pretty darn good.

I have used my Twinhan slaved to my STB (before I was using a Pansat 3500, now I am using a Coolsat 6000) and used it with The LNB power on and off with out any problems. I have tried a homemade DC block and did not see any difference so I removed it.

Thanks Qwert!

This one is the other way around. I have the Traxis slaved to the Twinhan.

Everything seems to be working ok using the procedure above. As a matter of fact, I kind of like it this way. I get full benefit of the LNBFs and dish movement with either receiver. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts