Twinhan 1025 Dish500 61.5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phatton

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Endicott, NY
I just got a Twinhan 1025 and wanted to check out the HD demo channel on 61.5 to see how Mythtv handles HD video. I currently have a DISH500 setup at 110/119 and would like to move it over to 61.5 temporarily. What elevation and skew should I be using. Zipcode 13760.

ps: can't use my cband dish till I fabricate a new mount :mad:

FTA Hi Def test channel

I think there's a hi def demo channel on 82ºw you could get some experience with.
It's QPSK, not 8PSK. Located at 12545 R.

As for aiming, shove your zip code into this program and it'll crank out everything you need.
And for all the birds.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm that there are currently FTA channels on Nimiq2 82.0W? I have my dish pointed there, Mercury II shows [BellExpressVu 82.] in antenna setup when on active transponder, but can't seem to pickup any FTA. My SQ is a bit low because it's partially obstructed by a tree but I've gotten video before with a SQ much lower than the 50's which is what the MII is showing.

There is at least one HD channel(an advertisment channel for their HD services) on 82W that is in the clear. And I believe there are a couple of regular SD channels too. Not much to get excited about.
grusome

Can anyone confirm that there are currently FTA channels on Nimiq2 82.0W? I have my dish pointed there, Mercury II shows [BellExpressVu 82.] in antenna setup when on active transponder, but can't seem to pickup any FTA. My SQ is a bit low because it's partially obstructed by a tree but I've gotten video before with a SQ much lower than the 50's which is what the MII is showing.

other than the HD channel, no. There use to be a mirror of the "help" channel but that got scrambled (yest the one on Nimiq1 is in the clear)

There use to be a mirror of the "help" channel but that got scrambled
Oh, crap!
So that's why I never got anything SD in the clear at 82ºw!
I thought it was 'cause of my location and the footprint coverage of their aging, rag-tag, satellite fleet!
Thanks for that info :hatsoff:
(it's just amazing what one can learn, hanging out around here)

once in a blue moon there will be a SD channel that logs (it will say like ITV) but is usually a black screen.

Its kinda weird that they dont have some type of a free channel there. Also why they scramble the help channel on N2 but its in the clear on N1 is weird

all I can find on 12545 is CBCHE:12545:V:0:20000:4369:4372:802 which appears to be scrambled. I can hear audio and get the guide info for this channed which makes me think it is not the HD Demo.
when I try 12545:V:1:200000:4385:4386:829 I can only get a partial lock. Can someone confirm the PIDs that has the HD Demo on 82 working

I got my C-Band dish back up over the weekend and the HD channels on there work great. Picture is better that what I get on the HD channels on cable. Even better is there are HD channels that I cannot get locally. Now I'm going to need to get a bigger drive for my MythTV box. At 12GB+ an hour it fills up fast.

Drives: too much is never enough

I got my C-Band dish back up over the weekend and the HD channels on there work great. . . .
Now I'm going to need to get a bigger drive for my MythTV box. At 12GB+ an hour it fills up fast.
At around $110 @ Fry's on sale, I suggest something like this for the job:
Maxtor MaXLine Pro 500 7H500F0 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
And for the more serious user, get two and stripe them.

I got my drives last summer when $89 for 300gb was a bargain: 2x300gb sata II's striped for J:/ and two more striped for K:/
For editing or authoring, you read from one array and write to the other - gives best throughput.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts