Twinhan 102G help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
I got the card into the computer, got the installation done, now I cant get a signal quality, I have signal level but no quality. I can't get it to control the motor either. It says all satellites are not viewable.

What do I do?

I could try to help you but I need to know what operating system you are using what software or drivers did you install and in what order…did you follow installation instructions, etc?

Here are some basic requirement for you card...do you meet these requirements?

http://www.sat-sales.com/documents/...df?PHPSESSID=49bf2603a248bca63ee821c7eb7a628e

1.2 System Requirements
IBM or IBM compatible computer
Sound card
Microsoft DirectX 8.1 or above
Digital Satellite Dish & LNB for TwinHan TWINHAN-S products
VHF/UHF antenna for TwinHan TWINHAN-T products
For SDTV: CPU: 600 MHz or up; Memory: 128MB or up
VGA card with at least 8 MB Memory
For HDTV: CPU: 1.5 GHz or better; Memory: 256MB or up
VGA card with at least 32 MB Memory and DxVA support

Last edited:
Where would I go to find this information about my computer, will be glad to post it. Like I had said, I got the software working but I just can't get a signal quality.

Control Panel ? System Properties ? General Tab should give you CPU type and size of memory or RAM…

Do you have the Twinhan BDA drivers installed or the Twinhan DTV drivers? It won’t work with the DTV drivers.

Control Panel ? System Properties ? General Tab should give you CPU type and size of memory or RAM…

Do you have the Twinhan BDA drivers installed or the Twinhan DTV drivers? It won’t work with the DTV drivers.

Why do you keep saying that it (Twinhan) will not work with DTV drivers?

DTV drivers work fine for me.

The cards will work with anything above a amd K62 500, so you probably don't have an issue with that. The easiest way is to install the software that came with the card (which includes drivers) then load mytheater or dvb dream or whatever prog you think you will like. Make sure the lnb settings are for your lnb i.e., 10750 for standard 10600 for universal. Make sure its aimed at a viable FTA signal i.e., G10 or T5 is a good start. Then scan. These cards aren't plug n play unfortunetely. I know when I have had to re-install mine in another machine I even have a bit of dificulty. keep trying.

What drivers should I select, it gave me a few options, I chose what was already chosen, BCX 7998 DTV or something like that. My issue is I am looking at the FTA signal thru my Fortec and getting a perfect picture, then I uplug the coax from the Fortec, put it in the back of the computer, and I will get a signal but no quality. What do I do to get the quality. The software is seeming to be working, a little hard to understand the software though.

What drivers should I select, it gave me a few options, I chose what was already chosen, BCX 7998 DTV or something like that. My issue is I am looking at the FTA signal thru my Fortec and getting a perfect picture, then I uplug the coax from the Fortec, put it in the back of the computer, and I will get a signal but no quality. What do I do to get the quality. The software is seeming to be working, a little hard to understand the software though.

I had a hard time setting my 102g up. I had to manually enter the tps to get a signal. pick a tp that you get on the stb add it and see if that solves it. I think you can load someone else tp file but I never spent the time to figure it out. for me it is parked on 123.

I had a hard time setting my 102g up. I had to manually enter the tps to get a signal. pick a tp that you get on the stb add it and see if that solves it. I think you can load someone else tp file but I never spent the time to figure it out. for me it is parked on 123.

Yes, you'll have to tell the 102g what frequency and symbol rate to tune to. Then unless you are using TSReader you'll have to scan this TP.

Don't unhook it from the Fortec. Attach a piece of coax from the IF OUT on the Fortec to the LNB IN on the DVB card. Just remember you can only tune the same polarity the Fortec is tuned to.

Still no luck. I have slaved this card off of my Fortec, I still get nothing to work on this. My computer is Pentium 4, 2.8Ghz, 640MB RAM...

Ok my setup is HH90 w/ 36" dish. 4 port disecq and Invacom LNB, what do I put in the LNB 1 and LNB 2 boxes, it also will not let me move the dish with the card either. And where do I go to put in the TP information? This is very aggrivating...will it even work or do I need to return it to Sadoun?

I would remove all switches for now! get it working THEN deal with the switches.

Remember to power down completely when add or removing DiSEqC switch!

jself1982,

From what I see your hardware meets all the requirements...

Ok I want to verify if you installed the software correctly...

2.2 Software Installation
Before You Begin
Make sure that the TWINHAN TV product is actually installed (for more information,
please refer to Hardware Installation in the previous section).
Turn on your computer
Driver Installation
Step1: Cancel “New Hardware Wizard”
After the computer is turned on, Windows will find New Hardware. Please choose “Cancel” from the pop up windows. We will install the driver later by the TWINHAN TV installation program automatically.

The above step is important you must not allow windows hardware wizard to install anything, you want to manually install the drivers…

... (pictures)

Step2: Activate TWINHAN TV CD-ROM
Insert the TWINHAN TV driver CD into your CD-ROM drive, the “Autorun”window should appear. Click on “Install Software and Driver”. If the “Autorun”window does not appear, please open the “TWINHAN TV” folder in CD-ROM and launch the “Setup” program manually.

...(picture)

Step3: Install Driver
Please click “next” to install driver.

Pick the install Software and Driver for PCI

...(pictures)

STEP4: Install TwinHan DTV SDK
Please click “next” to install SDK

...(picture)

STEP5: Install finished
You will see TWINHAN TV icon on your desktop.

...(picture and other instructions - skipping)

This step here is the most important step, makes one choice…and stays with it, after you master or get reception then you can make modification or chose other options. The idea here is to get the card to work…which option is not important.

Step3.1.2
There are two options in this configuration page. If you use BASIC setting (meaning connecting LNB directly to TwinHan PCI-Sat card without other STB; use fixed motor without any switch), please choose “Easy Setup” for scanning satellite. If you have used switch for connecting our card, please select the “Satellite Setup” for advanced setting.

Note: Remember to click “Apply” every time after you change the satellite setting.

...(picture)

“Easy Setup” After you click on “Easy Setup”, please choose the satellite that you like to target and click the “Scan” button. You may go to http://www.satcodx.com/eng/ for more satellite information.

...(picture)

“Satellite Setup”
In satellite setup page, there are five options for you to set up your satellite: 22 KHz, Simple DiSEqC, and DiSEqC 1.0, DiSEqC 1.2 USALS). Choose one for your situation.

Note: You must choose which kind of LNB you are using out of these five options.

There are three types of LNB: Normal/Universal/Custom. If you are using “ Custom ”,you need to fill in the parameters for LNB 1 and LNB 2.

...(picture)

A. None (Configuration 1)
If you only have one dish and LNB with fixed motor, you may choose this option. Please choose the satellite that you like to target and click the “Scan” button

...(picture)

B. 22 KHz (Configuration 2)
Please choose a satellite you like to scan and the kind of LNB you want to use. Please click Scan button for start to scanning satellite. Please repeat above step for 0 KHz if necessary.

...(picture)

C.1 Simple DiSEqC (Configuration 3)
Please choose a satellite you like to scan and the kind of LNB you want to use. Please click Scan button for start to scanning satellite. Please repeat above step for 0 KHz if you need.

...(picture)

C.2 DiSEqC 1.0 (Configuration 3)
Please choose a satellite you like to scan and the kind of LNB you want to use. Please click Scan button for start to scanning satellite. Repeat above steps for DiSEqC B, DiSEqC C, and DiSEqC D if needed. Please click “Scan” button for scanning satellite.

...(picture)

D. DiSEqC 1.2/USALS (Configuration 4)
Please choose the satellites and select power "ON" for LNB power option. If you have USALS motor, please input the longitude and latitude of your location. You may use driver east/west function to point it to the satellite you want.

...(picture)

Notes for USALS motor?
You could get more information about the longitude and latitude of your location from this website – http://www.bcca.org/misc/qiblih/latlong.html

Motor?
The Functions of Motor Table
Drive East Turn motor to east
Drive West Turn motor to west
Set East limit Set the limit for East angle turning
Set West limit Set the limit for West angle turning
Cancel limit Cancel the default limit
Go to Sat. Start turning motor to the satellite you have selected (for
USALS Motor Only)
Go to Zero return motor to original (zero) point
Note: If you like to set up Sat2, Sat3, Sat4, and Sat5, please repeat the above steps.
Step3.1.2
When the Scanning is completed, you will see the summary window as shown below. It contains the TV and Radio channels that had been scanned. After scanning is completed, click “OK” to finish this configuration.

If you are having problems after this send me a PM I will give you my phone number call me and I will work with you to get this thing configured and running, ok?

Last edited:
On the CD that came with mine, the driver Twinhan SDK DTV is not on there...

I have on the drivers list, PCIBT878 Series, MagicBox II, Starbox, PCI Mantis

Of those choices, what do I choose? I have been selecting PCIBT878 because that is what is selected by default. The instructions included with the package are useless.

On the CD that came with mine, the driver Twinhan SDK DTV is not on there...

I have on the drivers list, PCIBT878 Series, MagicBox II, Starbox, PCI Mantis

Of those choices, what do I choose? I have been selecting PCIBT878 because that is what is selected by default. The instructions included with the package are useless.

Let's try this... have you downloaded, installed, and tried TSReader?

Basically you'll pick your twinhan card. Put in the TP freq, the symbol rate, and your correct LNB LO. You can pick no switch and no lnb power since your slaving behind your STB. Make sure your STB is on and watching the signal you are trying to tune to first.

Ok found it, downloaded TSReader lite, and entered information, still have the signal but no quality...inputting the same info as whats on my tv screen, still nothing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)