Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
I previously used TS Reader with a Starbox, but now I cannot find that magic combination for TS reader to recognize the USB connected Starbox. What driver and where did you locate for TS Reader ( in my case PRO) to control the Twinhan Starbox?

Thanks for any help or pointing in the right direction.

I don't think Tsreader supports the starbox or at least not directly. It's not listed on the supported hardware page and I see no source module to select for it when starting up tsreader. Also I believe that in the past I've seen Rod mention that the starbox wasn't supported because it doesn't provide a raw transport stream.

Anyway, if there is any hope of getting it to work with Tsreader, it would probably only be possible using the BDA driver source since there's no source specifically for the starbox and of course that would require the starboxs driver to be BDA compliant. If that doesn't work your likely out of luck. Also since Tsreader expects to recieve a full transport stream, seeing as how it's first and foremost a transport stream analyzer tool, I'm not sure how well that will work even if it does have BDA compliant drivers. Bottom line your probably better off to look at getting a different DVB-S adapter if you want to use Tsreader.

Thanks for your input!

I had the combo working in the past, but had switched laptops and can't find the combo again. Miss being on the road without TSreader on the laptop!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts