Two Barkers !

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Trindle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
Does anyone else have them . Mine is on 999 and 8-15 right in the middle of the ota channels. Isn't this a waste of bandwidth ?. Couldn't they just use 999 for another channel ?

Yes, 8-15 is showing the barker. I don't know why they are doing this, but I don't think they are wasting the bandwidth. I think it is 999 mapped to the OTA range...

Barker = voom advertisement channel. Its old news. Yes its a waste hopefully one is just a place holder

vurbano said:
Barker = voom advertisement channel. Its old news. Yes its a waste hopefully one is just a place holder

As Wilt has repeatedly said, all channels are being transmitted, whether they are in use or not.

Anyone know what the significance of having one at channel 8-15 is? I mean, why did they pick that channel?

Maybe they wanted to get their advertising inbetween the OTA channels for those viewers that channel up and down mainly through the OTA channels and figured 8 was a good number and sub-channel 15 shouldn't be in use locally.

Think of it this way, if you are saving channel space for network channels you plan on having down the road, why not put comercials on it till then? Thats most likely all they are. Place holders for future programs.

One may see one of the barkers at showroom displays such as Sears or Brandsmart to give the casual shopper a taste of what VOOM has to offer. Of course the dopes managing those stores often don't even have VOOM hooked up so there are still a few kinks to be worked out :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts