Two free dishes in Waterloo, IA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Baird Mounts

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2011
US
We are doing some reorganizing at Baird Mounts in Waterloo, Ia and have to dishes to give away. One is a 5ft mesh dish, the other is an 8ft channel master.
The mounts do not come with the dishes, but we would be glad to give a tour to whom ever wants to pick them up!

IMAG0012.jpgIMAG0013.jpgIMAG0011.jpgIMAG0014.jpg

Hope those make it to good homes but if you wind up discarding the 8' CM, I sure could use one of the support arms.

Are you going to take the dishes down from the roof?

yes, the mesh dish is already down, and the channel master should be down Thursday or Friday. We are looking to free up the mounts for a flag pole, a couple wireless antennas, and a solar panel project.

Larry is the first person we offered them too, sadly he couldn't get the ok from the wife!

We now know who the boss is in that family.... my wife may grumble about all my BUD's and my electronic stuff in the basement and especially when she see's me digging another hole or bring in another dish. But since I don't complain about her her woodworkng shop and since I help her with it we've come to an understanding.

yes, the mesh dish is already down, and the channel master should be down Thursday or Friday. We are looking to free up the mounts for a flag pole, a couple wireless antennas, and a solar panel project.

Ok, can you either PM or post here a number or name to contact, I live south of your location in Vinton

We now know who the boss is in that family.... my wife may grumble about all my BUD's and my electronic stuff in the basement and especially when she see's me digging another hole or bring in another dish. But since I don't complain about her her woodworkng shop and since I help her with it we've come to an understanding.

A guy could have worse hobbies. If playing with FTA keeps a guy off a bar stool every night, well that's a plus right there!

you can contact me at chris@bairdmounts.com

Last edited:
Sergei - could you take a picture when you get to Baird (of the dishes, that is).
And maybe another where they are stacked on your truck or trailer.

Glad to hear they're going to a good home! :up

Sergei - could you take a picture when you get to Baird (of the dishes, that is).

What pictures were you looking for while they are here? I am going to be the one of the roof taking them down, is there anything specific you want to see?

If the back frame is still on the 8' CM, I would like to see a picture(s) of it where/how it attaches to the elevation bar. Newer 8' and 10' models used a pin on the elevation bar and keeper plates. I have an older 10' version that uses a bolt through the back frame and it passes through some sort of bushing on the elevation bar.

If it has bushings, a close up of the bushing area would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sure can, I'll be stacking both dishes in the bed of my 94 Toyota pickup as the eight footer should be no problem as I've already carried 10 footers home in it.
Any certain pictures of the dishes you want to see?

IMAG0029.jpgIMAG0030.jpgIMAG0027.jpgIMAG0028.jpgIMAG0026.jpg

Will these work? Or did I miss something?

If the back frame is still on the 8' CM, I would like to see a picture(s) of it where/how it attaches to the elevation bar. Newer 8' and 10' models used a pin on the elevation bar and keeper plates. I have an older 10' version that uses a bolt through the back frame and it passes through some sort of bushing on the elevation bar.

If it has bushings, a close up of the bushing area would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks. Very nice pictures, that is a newer style back frame and elevation bar. I guess my 10' is a real dinosaur.
That dish is going to make the new owner very happy. Congratulations!
Btw, Sergei I have a link to a Installation and Assembly manual for that dish. F/D ratio, focal length, and all that good stuff.

Thanks for the pix here - they show some things more clearly.
Far better than I expected - I just wanted to see more pix of the dishes in general.
Never know what you'll see/find/reveal.

Stogie is currently restoring an early model Channel Master.
Some of these pix give great understanding of how the motor works the dish.

Mjac - you should look at the thread too.
Linuxman posted pictures of his naked CM mount (dishless).
Some of the pix may be useful to your work, as well.

Yup, Stogie and I traded some pics in that thread. He has helped point me in a direction I might be able to use in curing the bearing issue I have.

Thanks. Very nice pictures, that is a newer style back frame and elevation bar. I guess my 10' is a real dinosaur.
That dish is going to make the new owner very happy. Congratulations!
Btw, Sergei I have a link to a Installation and Assembly manual for that dish. F/D ratio, focal length, and all that good stuff.

I would really like to see the link you have, I may not need it but one just never knows for sure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts