two genies

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A few people have two genies on the same account - they got them before DirecTV stopped it happening - and there are a number of technical problems to be sorted out before DirecTv allows it again.

A few people have two genies on the same account - they got them before DirecTV stopped it happening - and there are a number of technical problems to be sorted out before DirecTv allows it again.

I dont recall this ever happening, but Im not calling you a liar either.

I will say I have seen some technical problems with two "active" genies on one dish (that was properly setup to support 10+ tuners) It was confusing as all hell, and the clients were dropping the pairing, and when trying to repair it saw both genies and went nuts.

I dont recall this ever happening, but Im not calling you a liar either.

I will say I have seen some technical problems with two "active" genies on one dish (that was properly setup to support 10+ tuners) It was confusing as all hell, and the clients were dropping the pairing, and when trying to repair it saw both genies and went nuts.

Yes, that's some of the problems, and until they are fixed DirecTV isn't likely to allow two Genies on one account, even if they become more available.

They should let us do it without any clients.

I got 2 genies but they are on 2 separate dealer complementary accounts

The only thing that sucks is that they are so dam ignorant when I explain to them I want to upgrade my hr34 to an hr44

The only thing that sucks is that they are so dam ignorant when I explain to them I want to upgrade my hr34 to an hr44

MAYBE it's because they don't consider going from an HR34 to an HR44 an upgrade?

So if they allowed two genies, how long do you think it would be before the first complaint about the clients, or other issues, comes in?
And they don't consider the change from an HR34 to an HR44 an upgrade, it's like having an HR22 and thinking you can upgrade to an HR24.

So if they allowed two genies, how long do you think it would be before the first complaint about the clients, or other issues, comes in?
And they don't consider the change from an HR34 to an HR44 an upgrade, it's like having an HR22 and thinking you can upgrade to an HR24.

I "upgraded" my hr34 to a hr44 by way of a "service swap" for "physical or cosmetic damage" on a "upgrade work order" same thing would hold true for a hr22 to hr24.

there is no current upgrade from a "genie" or "advanced whole home dvr" as the line item reads in our system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts