Two Hopper 3 Install is Scheduled

I'm so jealous. I've tried calling Dish and talking to two local installers. After three transfers up Dish still said no, one local installer wanted to charge me over $400 for the switch and the other took all the information and never called back, now he won't return my calls. The last Dish representative I talked to on the phone told me that if I had 8 TV's I could get two H3's otherwise no. I'd hoped that after 21 years I'd get a bit of a break. Guess not.

I'm so jealous. I've tried calling Dish and talking to two local installers. After three transfers up Dish still said no, one local installer wanted to charge me over $400 for the switch and the other took all the information and never called back, now he won't return my calls. The last Dish representative I talked to on the phone told me that if I had 8 TV's I could get two H3's otherwise no. I'd hoped that after 21 years I'd get a bit of a break. Guess not.
WOW, wonder what the deal is. Something don't sound right. I called the DISH President number and got scheduled. 866-213-5814.

Reactions: pattykay
If the HWS had at least 6 tuners I would have stayed with it. I am so tired of dealing with tuner conflicts the H3 will be a blessing. The reason of two H3s is redundancy and separation of recordings.

My reasoning as well. With schedule differences my wife and I watch TV at different times. We also are big football fans and record a lot of games. It would be a real pain to watch the first quarter of a game, go back later and find that resuming the game lands me in the third quarter because she started it over and watched further than I did. Not to mention the inadvertent deletion of games one of us hasn't finished watching. Same goes for other things we record. Outside of the news and some live sports neither of us watch much live TV, thus the convenience of watching recorded shows is paramount.

And yes, I'm aware of the initial cost involved as well as the likely increase in the dreaded monthly fees. The cost weighed against the convenience factor is well worth it for me.

Reactions: charlesrshell
My reasoning as well. With schedule differences my wife and I watch TV at different times. We also are big football fans and record a lot of games. It would be a real pain to watch the first quarter of a game, go back later and find that resuming the game lands me in the third quarter because she started it over and watched further than I did. Not to mention the inadvertent deletion of games one of us hasn't finished watching. Same goes for other things we record. Outside of the news and some live sports neither of us watch much live TV, thus the convenience of watching recorded shows is paramount.

And yes, I'm aware of the initial cost involved as well as the likely increase in the dreaded monthly fees. The cost weighed against the convenience factor is well worth it for me.
You hit the nail right on the head. Good post.

WOW, wonder what the deal is. Something don't sound right. I called the DISH President number and got scheduled. 866-213-5814.

Well Charles, the magic phone number worked like a charm. No questions and no unintelligible accent, not that that's a bad thing, just with my hearing it can be a challenge. They wanted to schedule it for this afternoon, when did they become so efficient? Of course that didn't give me time go back up my gazillion recordings so we scheduled it for next week.

Thanks again for the number.

Well Charles, the magic phone number worked like a charm. No questions and no unintelligible accent, not that that's a bad thing, just with my hearing it can be a challenge. They wanted to schedule it for this afternoon, when did they become so efficient? Of course that didn't give me time go back up my gazillion recordings so we scheduled it for next week.

Thanks again for the number.
You are quit welcome and congrats.

Reactions: JSheridan

So, I just called this number and explained my situation as to why I need to Hopper 3's. The person on the phone said the only way to have two Hopper 3's is with two dishes. I pushed back a little and explained the DPH42 release and how that removes the two dish limitation. As it stands now, I am waiting on a call back as he verifies my claim about only needing one dish.

Frank

Reactions: charlesrshell
So, I just called this number and explained my situation as to why I need to Hopper 3's. The person on the phone said the only way to have two Hopper 3's is with two dishes. I pushed back a little and explained the DPH42 release and how that removes the two dish limitation. As it stands now, I am waiting on a call back as he verifies my claim about only needing one dish.

Frank

Yeah, I should have mentioned that. I was told the same thing. I too explained the new switch and the young lady basically told me that the installers usually know more about that than she can see. Bottom line for me, if for some reason they have to install another dish I'll live with that until I can get the new switch and just swap out the old one. And of course remove the second dish. With all the headaches I've had trying to get this done I figured getting the two H3's installed and activated was the primary goal.

So, let me see if I have this right. Currently, the only way to get a second H3 is to buy it and the new switch from a third party seller and then call the "President's" CSR number and schedule an installer to show up to install them. And Dish charges you an extra $100 on top of what you already paid for the H3. Correct?

Or, will the installer show up with both or with at least the switch?

Frank
Something this important, I usually call during the week daytime to get a better chance to talk to someone in Colorado.

So, let me see if I have this right. Currently, the only way to get a second H3 is to buy it and the new switch from a third party seller and then call the "President's" CSR number and schedule an installer to show up to install them. And Dish charges you an extra $100 on top of what you already paid for the H3. Correct?

I would think DISH should provide the switch if needed and the Hybrid Solo or Duo Hub. At this time you to have to purchase the second H3.

The installer will bring both H3's. One leased and the other purchased. Since I've already talked to the two installers closest to me there's a good chance they'll know about the switch. If they don't bring the new switch I'll live with the hassle for awhile.

I would think DISH should provide the switch if needed and the Hybrid Solo or Duo Hub. At this time you to have to purchase the second H3.

They 'should' provide the switch but unfortunately the switches haven't made it out to the techs yet so the current solution is 2 dishes. Now if you already have a switch like you do then you're all set. :)

We are just now getting the new dual tuner OTA adapters through our distribution channel. It will probably be at least a month or more before we start regularly seeing the new switches.