Two Hopper 3 Install is Scheduled

Now, if only Dish would do that. I have multiple ViP receivers that I would like to trade in, but I prefer to get new receivers directly from Dish, instead of going through a third party.
I don't think it makes any difference who you purchase a Hopper 3 from as long it is a reputable retailer. Depends on the price for me. Does any one know what DISH charges to purchase a Hopper 3 from them?

I don't think it makes any difference who you purchase a Hopper 3 from as long it is a reputable retailer. Depends on the price for me. Does any one know what DISH charges to purchase a Hopper 3 from them?
I don't know the price but I will say this I don't think there is a guarantee you would get a brand new one from dish[good possibility a remanufactured one].

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
So are you guys saying that dish won’t allow 2 h3 and 1 hws on one account?

I currently have 2 HWS and 1 hopper on my account. And would like to upgrade the 2 HWS with H3 and H1 to a HWS.

Well Charles, the magic phone number worked like a charm. No questions and no unintelligible accent, not that that's a bad thing, just with my hearing it can be a challenge. They wanted to schedule it for this afternoon, when did they become so efficient? Of course that didn't give me time go back up my gazillion recordings so we scheduled it for next week.

Thanks again for the number.

GPM and charlesrshell, did you purchase DPH42's on your own?

I saw an H3 on Amazon for $220 plus $9.99 for shipping. Once you get the 2 H3s up can you tell us how they work together and how the Joeys interface with them. I had 2 HWSs and Joeys. Do the 2 H3s and Joeys interact like the HWSs and Joeys?

I saw an H3 on Amazon for $220 plus $9.99 for shipping. Once you get the 2 H3s up can you tell us how they work together and how the Joeys interface with them. I had 2 HWSs and Joeys. Do the 2 H3s and Joeys interact like the HWSs and Joeys?
They should.

GPM and charlesrshell, did you purchase DPH42's on your own?

I did not. There's a good chance that when the installer arrives tomorrow morning he is going to have a second dish and no DPH42 switch. That is what the person I talked to at Dish thought. If so, that's fine. I don't have a need to access one H3 from the other one. If I see a need I'll purchase the switch after the install and swap it out myself down the road. I had such a run around from Dish and from two local installers that I just want to get the two H3's in and activated.

They should.

Charles, do you know if the Hopper 3's are going to be able to "see" each other. I.E can H3-A see H3-B's recordings and vice versa?
If so, I might look into getting another one and putting the DPH42 in myself.
If you don't know yet, be sure and let us know.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I did not. There's a good chance that when the installer arrives tomorrow morning he is going to have a second dish and no DPH42 switch. That is what the person I talked to at Dish thought. If so, that's fine. I don't have a need to access one H3 from the other one. If I see a need I'll purchase the switch after the install and swap it out myself down the road. I had such a run around from Dish and from two local installers that I just want to get the two H3's in and activated.
Just so you know, if the installer goes with the 2 dish solution he will place new hybrid LNBs on both dishes. If you purchase a 42 switch later, you will need to go back to standard LNBs as well....