Two Hopper 3 Install is Scheduled

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If that is all you are pointing at and you get all the channels you want, it appears to me all you need is a Hybrid Duo Hub and two H3s. But, I am only familiar with the Western Arc. Someone else maybe can help you.

I believe the DPH42 is needed in my case because, being on EA, I have a DPP LNBF and want two Hopper 3's. If that isn't the case, I'm not sure why Dish would even bring up needing two separate dishes.

Reactions: JSheridan
To my surprise the installer arrived with the two H3's and a DPH42 switch. Install went smoothly and everything seems to be working as expected.

Attachments

• DPH42.jpg
    DPH42.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 533
To my surprise the installer arrived with the two H3's and a DPH42 switch. Install went smoothly and everything seems to be working as expected.

Thanks for the update. My installation is pending waiting for the arrival of the Hopper 3 that you are required to purchase in a two Hopper configuration. I ordered mine from Dish Depot as they are significantly cheaper than Dish. Dish is still telling me I require two dishes. We shall see.

Frank

Reactions: charlesrshell

That's great that the switches are making out into the field already.

I'm guessing your switch and the hubs in the picture are outside and if so then I don't mean to be a buzzkill but those hubs should be mounted sideways and all the wires should have drip loops so no water gets into the hubs or the switch.

I'm guessing your switch and the hubs in the picture are outside and if so then I don't mean to be a buzzkill but those hubs should be mounted sideways and all the wires should have drip loops so no water gets into the hubs or the switch.
JSheridan, wonder why the technician did not install a Hybrid Duo Hub instead of two Solo Hubs! He doesn't have any Joeys. I guess with the two Solo Hubs he will be able to have bunches of Joeys someday.

Thanks for the heads up. Luckily I count screwdriver manipulation in my limited box of skills. I'll address the problem shortly.

Are you seeing both Hoppers in the recordings Sources selection?

Yes.

What department did you contact. I would like to just order another Hopper 3 and a DPH42 from DishDepot, and get the install done myself.
I sent a message to DIRT, but was told they didn't "officially" support two Hopper 3's on one account. They didn't know what department to send me to, as obviously a two Hopper 3 setup on an account is supported.
What department did you contact?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

What department did you contact. I would like to just order another Hopper 3 and a DPH42 from DishDepot, and get the install done myself.
I sent a message to DIRT, but was told they didn't "officially" support two Hopper 3's on one account. They didn't know what department to send me to, as obviously a two Hopper 3 setup on an account is supported.
What department did you contact?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
DISH confirmed my two H3 install will be on one account. I went thru the DISH President office 866-213-5814.

Welcome. DISH should provide the switch.

I had rather not be under a contract, and I'll just do the install myself. I have two 30" dishes, with DP single LNBF's. I put one on 61.5 and one on 72, hardly ever get rain fade with those. I have missed them since I have had the Hopper 3 since it requires the DPH LNBFs, before the DPH42 came out. All I have to do is just set those dishes and hook the switch in and run hubs to the H3s (I think). Thanks

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

I had rather not be under a contract, and I'll just do the install myself. I have two 30" dishes, with DP single LNBF's. I put one on 61.5 and one on 72, hardly ever get rain fade with those. I have missed them since I have had the Hopper 3 since it requires the DPH LNBFs, before the DPH42 came out. All I have to do is just set those dishes and hook the switch in and run hubs to the H3s (I think). Thanks

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!
Understand. I hope it works out for you.

JSheridan, wonder why the technician did not install a Hybrid Duo Hub instead of two Solo Hubs! He doesn't have any Joeys. I guess with the two Solo Hubs he will be able to have bunches of Joeys someday.

I don't know for sure but I'm thinking that the dual hub might not work with 2 H3's. I'll guess you'll let us know on Thursday. :)

Reactions: charlesrshell