Two Hopper 3 problems...anyone else?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Several posters here have missed the point of this post. I did not ask for everyone else's OPINION on whether THEY think that I have valid complaints and concerns or not. When I was in the Navy, we had a saying about OPINIONS. Since it is still America, I think, I still get to have my viewpoint (as far as I know) on what I like or do not like. The things that I have asked about are of a concern to ME. Whether someone else agrees with what I think is important on the new Hopper or not is fine, but just flat out negating what I have stated as my set of concerns is disrespectful and immature. I explained my reasons re: the red LED, but it is obvious that some of you did not bother to even read what I wrote. That is fine, because you don't have to do so. Can we all just be allowed to state our experiences and expectations for our DISH technology without responders making their posts sound like snarky and snide "gosh, your view is stupid" comebacks stated in a passive aggressive manner? These forums used to be a place where you could state what bothered you about the DISH items without others trying to belittle you, however subtly, for doing so. I just simply wanted to know if I was missing something in my perusal and usage of the new Hopper 3. Thank you to those who let me know the light is no longer there.

I still cannot seem to get a recording out of the Hopper 3 for any program with which I have built up time, no matter how I go about trying to do so. Has anyone else been successful with this? And please, just respond if you have or have not. Please skip the lectures on why you think I should not need to do this. I can assure you that I do need to do this, just like I need to organize and prioritize my timers regardless of how many tuners I have.

I still cannot seem to get a recording out of the Hopper 3 for any program with which I have built up time, no matter how I go about trying to do so. Has anyone else been successful with this? And please, just respond if you have or have not.

Setting aside the whole panel light debate...are you saying that your Hopper won't record anything?

I cant believe how a little red light gets people so worked up:p, I'm glade its gone personally I took a sharpie and blacked mine out when I had one. But you pro light people[YOUR NEVER GETTING IT BACK]:deadhorse3 move on. Now Wicked_Girl if our having that much trouble recording stuff make the call or contact DIRT here and get your H3 replaced....

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Like DWS, I am trying to decipher what you mean by "getting a recording out of the hopper." If I knew exactly what you mean by that I might be able to give you a yes or no answer.

Wicked_Girl there is no question who calls the shots in your house, no disrespect intended.

Hope you get your hopper issues resolved to your satisfaction.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Can we all just be allowed to state our experiences and expectations for our DISH technology without responders making their posts sound like snarky and snide "gosh, your view is stupid" comebacks stated in a passive aggressive manner? These forums used to be a place where you could state what bothered you about the DISH items without others trying to belittle you, however subtly, for doing so. I just simply wanted to know if I was missing something in my perusal and usage of the new Hopper 3.

The short answer is no. The site has been that way for some time now, particularly if you don't jump on the Hopper 3 bandwagon in full. I hated how the Hopper 3 had no red light as well but I kinda see the point as having 16 tuners means its on pretty much all the time and makes it somewhat worthless. After a few weeks it stopped being that big of deal to me but there are quite a few things about the Hopper 3 I dislike.

...2) The timers list will not maintain the priorites that I assign to recordings. Every time I go into the list, the priority numbers have been changed to different shows in the list. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this, and it will certainly screw up my recordings if I cannot get it fixed...

You never explained what you mean by this. I've never seen the priority numbers change on mine, but I have never bothered to try to change priorities on the timer list because, with 16 tuners, I will never see a recording bumped by a timer higher on the list. That is the only reason that priority exists. It's irrelevant on the Hopper3

Reactions: Dudleydog73
Just because you have 16 tuners doesn't mean you're using any more than when you only had 3.

Reactions: Troch77
I haven't really got to test the full 16 tuners yet. I got the hopper 3 towards the end of May after the season was over and the full new season hasn't started yet. But my wife has sure made use of the tuners for every stupid HGTV & DIY show and Ghost show that there is out there.

Reactions: charlesrshell
[QUOTE="I still cannot seem to get a recording out of the Hopper 3 for any program with which I have built up time, no matter how I go about trying to do so.[/QUOTE]

Not really sure what you mean by this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)