Two Hopper - Can Joeys see all 6 tuners?

rc811002

Ray
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 23, 2005
St. Louis
If this has been covered I do not know good search terms to find what I am looking for.

In a two Hopper system, is there a way that the Joeys can see all six tuners when the Red button is pushed? If so, how?

If this has been covered I do not know good search terms to find what I am looking for.

In a two Hopper system, is there a way that the Joeys can see all six tuners when the Red button is pushed? If so, how?

No, you have to go into the whole home setup screen and link to the other hopper in order to access its tuners. The tuners are not integrated. At no time will you see 6 true tuners on the tv viewing status screen.

It's easier to record what you want on the second Hopper, and then from 1st Hopper or Joey linked to the first hopper, select the 2nd Hopper from the My Recordings, and playback the recordings from that 2nd Hopper as it is recording LIVE or playback when recording is complete. None of this requires having to mess with linking your Joeys, which can be a pain, and you may forget to link it back to the way it was.

So I am thinking about upgrading to a 2 Hopper/2 Joey system and was under the impression that with the Duo Node that all hoppers and joeys would be able to see all the tuners? Is this not correct?

For example if i pulled up the list of tuners on one of the hoppers I would be able to choose from all 6...is this not correct?

Also, as for the Joeys, I thought the same thing that if they brought up a list of all the tuners they would see all 6 also...is this not correct?

Seems kind of stupid if you can only see 3 of the tuners....what's the point of the Duo Node then?

So I am thinking about upgrading to a 2 Hopper/2 Joey system and was under the impression that with the Duo Node that all hoppers and joeys would be able to see all the tuners? Is this not correct?

For example if i pulled up the list of tuners on one of the hoppers I would be able to choose from all 6...is this not correct?

Also, as for the Joeys, I thought the same thing that if they brought up a list of all the tuners they would see all 6 also...is this not correct?

Seems kind of stupid if you can only see 3 of the tuners....what's the point of the Duo Node then?

nope, there is no unified list of tuners on either the hopper or joeys for a 2 Hopper system. The joeys can change their linking in the software to essentially move over to the other hopper and view its' tuners.

Duo node connects the system together. DVR recordings can be shared over the whole system.

Hoppers and Joeys can see all recordings on both Hoppers on the DVR screen. That is the only integration between the two Hoppers. Joeys can select which Hopper to associate to and easily change it at anytime.