Two Hoppers and no Joeys

QCK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
A few questions:

1) Is it possible to be allowed a new install with two hoppers and no Joey's?

2) If it is, is the cost $24/mo?

3) If you have two hoppers do both have to have a ethernet connection or can you get away with just one connected?

4) Can you hear the hopper's hard drive and/or fan in the bedroom when the TV is off?

1. Yes, but you'll probably need to go to a local retailer. Dish themselves are a bit soggy about it.

2. Not sure with new pricing.

3. Only one needs ethernet connected, the other gets internet access via the coax

4. I sure can't
?

I let them install 2H/2J and returned the 2 J a few days later. But I bought a J so I can activate and deactivate at will.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The fan will kick up into high gear (and you WILL hear it) if it is too hot, and that is usually because the Hopper is in a cabinet. So, you either put the Hopper in place with good airflow at the sides AND on the bottom. I use clear casters, one glued on top of another to provide a few critical inches for airflow UNDER the unit. However, if you must or prefer to put the Hopper in a cabinet, then a solution many on here and I use is to get a laptop fan, put it under the Hopper as you would a laptop, and connect the USB into one of the Hoppers USB ports. Now you have good airflow and the Hopper fan ramps DOWN to a quite level where it should be and the temps displayed in the Counters are where they should be, as well. You don't have to get an expensive laptop fan, just a fair priced one that gets good reviews for lasting will be more than adequate. Good luck.

I have two Hoppers and no Joeys. You can try and do what I did. I had to order 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey. When my installer came out I explained that I only wanted the two Hoppers. He called Dish took the Joey off the work order and that was it. It took 5 minutes. Give that a shot. I hope you get what you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)