two lbns in 6 ft, will it work?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

manuelpaz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
usa
Hi guys

I got my 6 foot dish from Sadoun really works great great better than the 1.2 meter but now i want to know if someone make an experiment about putting to c-band lnbs together (well close together about3 degress apart)
these are the satellites (satmex 6 @ 113 and satmex 5 @ 116) any comments or some past threds will be helpful for me.

thank u manny :):)

I did something related to this on my 3m:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-...ear-circular-orthomode-feed-modification.html

I don't see why the basic principle wouldn't work on 1.8m, although the orbital spacings will depend on the focal length. Those two birds are actually 3.8 degrees apart, but it may be tight squeezing two feeds close enough together. For Sadoun's 1.8m focal length of 26.9", I'm calculating that the centers of the feeds would need to be about 1.8" apart to match up perfectly. Most of my C-band feeds are about 2.5" in diameter, so there will likely be some signal losses in doing this. If you can butt the two horn mouths right against one another, you should get something.

Last edited:
hi Iceberg

i'll check ur thread and if everything goes well, I will put some pictures.
well really thanks for ur comment.

Manny

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)