Two new reports on iphone

There are two things in this life I really hate: to be treated like a kid and like an idiot (not exactly mutually exclusive).
And every time one of the Apple prophets steps on the podium, I get both.

But I like the MacMini running Windows 7, if you ask me...:)

Diogen.

If there were ONE THING I could change about Apple and the iPhone it would be allowing other competing App stores on the iPhone / iPad.

The device is MINE let ME decide what I want to run on it. If I want to be mothered I will call my mother. :)

Yeah right can you take a screenshot on your Android phone without Rooting it?

Yep, the ShootMe apps works without root access. Used it on mny Evo before I rooted it.

Can you orginaze your apps or put them in folders?

Yep. Menu ->Add To Home->Folder->Hold And Drag Apps into the folder

Cut/Copy/Paste, Multitasking, App Switching, MMS, Voice Guided Turn By Turn Navigation, Front Facing Camera, Video Conferencing, Video Capture, High Quality Video Playback Over 3G and Background Customization are just a few of the things the iPhone lacked that other phones had for YEARS in some instances. My monochrome Motorola i90 flip I bought in 2002 had voice guided turn by turn GPS, my Windows Pocket PC from 2003 had copy and paste. Just about every dumbphone could do MMS before the iPhone. There is absolutely nothing about the iPhone I miss…except for the $300 I spent on the stupid thing and the ~$89/month for 15 months that I gave AT&T.

Yeah right can you take a screenshot on your Android phone without Rooting it? Can you orginaze your apps or put them in folders? No I didn't think so but strangely you can do it on an iPhone, imagine that.

People make fun of Apple saying if you want it to do anything then you need to Jailbreak it. Well the same goes on Android except instead of calling it a Jailbreak they call it rooting. Same thing different name.

I am a Android user with a Sprint Evo who came to Android from a iPhone 4. I love my Evo but at times I miss some of the features of my iPhone 4. Its fun to mke fun of Steve, but honestly this Apple -vs- android stuff is just crap from people who have no clue what they are talking about. Try using both and you will see that each has its own merits.

Take off the blinders and take a look at what Apple has done to the mobile phone and pda market is less then 5 years. Just look back the big players were Palm (where are they now?) and Blackberry. You and I might not LOVE Apple but they made this market awfully exciting for all of us and I think that's a good thing.

Now thats just crazy talk Scott. Why would you want to be so honest with people that do have their blinders on from both sides of the fence.

Anyone know if the vzw iPhone will use all phone cases and accessories as the AT&T one? I am really wanting to know about the case like the otterbox?

Anyone know if the vzw iPhone will use all phone cases and accessories as the AT&T one? I am really wanting to know about the case like the otterbox?
From the looks of it - no
iphone-vzw-hands-dsc0559-rm-eng.jpg

Diogen.

There's an article on this -CNN? The Verizon iPhone is different and needs it's own case. And they'll be in short supply for a while.

Those three buttons have moved enough (to fix the non-existing antenna problem) to make most cases needing an update...

Diogen.

I guess the wife and I bought the right cases that would not need changed. We each bought a case and then received the free case they offered and all 4 of them would work without issues. They are also 4 different types.

Now what we need is an explosion of places accepting NFC, so we don't all have to go to Japan or Europe to use it.

Oh that will be easy. If VISA says you will have this in place by such date then the merchants will have it or be fined by VISA. That is how they operate. I remember those days as a CC merchant.

Just in: China Mobile, Ltd. Chairman announced they reached an agreement with Apple that the next iphone will fully support TD-LTE. While this does not impact us in the US, it does pave the way for Apple to gain a strong foothold in the China smartphone market.

Oh that will be easy. If VISA says you will have this in place by such date then the merchants will have it or be fined by VISA. That is how they operate. I remember those days as a CC merchant.

An unfunded mandate.

Thankfully, although we take credit cards, we never actually SEE the cards- paid over phone or by internet. So we won't likely have to get the equipment. We don't even have a machine to process physical cards.

navychop said:
An unfunded mandate.

Thankfully, although we take credit cards, we never actually SEE the cards- paid over phone or by internet. So we won't likely have to get the equipment. We don't even have a machine to process physical cards.

When I had my merchant account I was required to have card swipe reader even though I never saw the card. Things change but that was the only condition I could qualify. Really stupid, because I was a home based business and never saw customers in the home. At first, I didn't have a card reader and just entered the number but they made me buy a reader that plugged into the keyboard ps2 line. Never used it!

Retailers will probably not be required to support it for a while. But, as a retailer if they offer the equipment to take the phone charge at a low price, do you really want to pass up on the potential sales? It will probably be adopted fairly quickly, no one wants to have customers leave because they do not have a CC on them.

Who's the main beneficiary of NFC usage? Will there be some company like Visa/MasterCard behind it?
If not, the uptake will be slow, I think. Starbucks will have it but Walmart won't rush adopting it.

Diogen.

I believe it will be a mix. Your credit card bank can tie into it, or your cell phone company. I believe in the long run you will be able to register a card/cards or prepaid to your phone. You can start an app to approve the charge and which payment method.

It is mainly driven by the concept that people want to go out without a wallet, but would not be caught dead without their cell phone.

IIt is mainly driven by the concept that people want to go out without a wallet, but would not be caught dead without their cell phone.

Well said. I have gone to work with out my wallet several times and not give it a second thought about going back to get it. I have turned around after 10 miles into the the drive to work to go back and get my phone.:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)