Two new reports on iphone

Well said. I have gone to work with out my wallet several times and not give it a second thought about going back to get it. I have turned around after 10 miles into the the drive to work to go back and get my phone.:eek:

Interesting-and that is what you tell the cops when they ask for your driver's license? I guess, next, we'll have our driver's license on the smart phone.

Somebody asked earlier who is behind this? I got the idea in the press releases this was VISA, pushing it. Probably just another nuisance for merchants to deal with it.

It is mainly driven by the concept that people want to go out without a wallet, but would not be caught dead without their cell phone.
With the actively promoted image of a hacker as a person capable of doing anything to you computer/tablet/phone, I can't imagine how this can take off.
OK, geeks get another payment option. Is anything but "wave" involved in the payment process? How are the funds in the "phone" protected?

If Starbucks can charge your "phone", what exactly prevents a hacker to do so? Authorized equipment? What about encryption?

Too many questions...

Diogen.

Diogen:

I have heard of 2 security mechanisms...

First proximity... It happens within one foot of you. That's physical security.

Second a pin / personal identifier must be entered

Swyped on my CM'D Evo using tapatalk!

Pin sounds good but unless the charging equipment is hardware authorized, I don't see the proximity as a protection.
If it is possible to transfer funds from your phone to my phone, it won't take long for this to happen without you approving that.
By just walking by...

I don't buy the "hacker can anything" drivel and believe the storyline in Die Hard 4 is 95% BS, but as it stands now, I'll never have on my NFC phone more than $5...

Diogen.

Don Landis said:
Interesting-and that is what you tell the cops when they ask for your driver's license? I guess, next, we'll have our driver's license on the smart phone.

I don't have my driver's license on my phone, but I do have my insurance cards.

Interesting-and that is what you tell the cops when they ask for your driver's license?
There are ways to avoid needing your driver's license. ;) That's typically not the case with the iPhone.

In my estimation, the iPhone does probably the worst job of being a team player among computerly devices. Whoda thunk you were pretty much stuck with iTunes or e-Mail to download and upload information?

I'd be more than happy to hear about alternatives for harvesting data from the iPhone. I'd certainly be a superhero at my workplace.

Any one seen anything about the new vzw iPhone 4 working with the existing otterbox defender case. Any thing new yet?

I suppose that would work... until the first time you have your car stolen or broken into and contents stolen and you don't have ID when you call the cops. You may change your habits after that. WE have more than one car so it would be impractical to leave dvl lic in one car.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)